Dragon god: Sardior the Ruby Dragon

Krishnath

First Post
We have to keep his psionics that high, he is the lord of psionic dragons after all.

Wilderness sounds like a good addition to his portfolio (which should of course include psionics, and gem dragons...)

As for the WotC version of Sardior due this month. It is supposed to be the official version, but I don't know if they will print him up as a deity or as they did with his 'siblings' in MotP. Either way I say we finish our version, as it will be the better of the two anyways :D

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
for that, i think you might need to be employed by WotC or one of the various d20 companies, or start a new one...

or better yet, let me write you a check. :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
updating him right now:

adding discovery and wilderness to his portfolio.

adding "explorers" as worshippers

giving him fire immunity instead of resistance, as both dragon gods have immunity

fixing up his spell-like abilities and skills

basically, beyond that, all we need to do is choose his sorcerer spells and psionic powers (or should he have access to all powers?) and we're DONE. see, i told you there wasn't much left. ;)

will post more later today, god willing.

Krishnath

First Post
Gee, are you willing to write me a check? For how much? :D

Back on topic...

I think that giving him access to all psionic powers would be over-kill. So we'd better chose some. I vote we give him Genesis as one of his ninth-level powers as it rocks!

Later,

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Krishnath said:
I think that giving him access to all psionic powers would be over-kill. So we'd better chose some.

oh, i agree heartily. thought that one over after i posted. i'll look into that when i get home and have the psionics handbook handy.

other than that, we have:

sorcerer spells known: as with the psionics, we must choose these. as is standard for 20th level sorcerers, Sardior will know 9/5/5/4/4/4/3/3/3/3 spells. ideas, please? :D

create magic items: i'm not sure what to put here. i want it to reflect him being able to create items that impart knowledge, right? opinions on this?

symbol: i don't like leaving him without a holy symbol! ideas!

and... that's IT! yep, he's that close to being done. could easily have him finished by the time i leave work tomorrow. :D

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
hmm... I think we'd better start with the spells then (As long as you remember to give him the Genesis psionic power :D)

I'll give you some suggestions for each spell level, here goes:

0: Detect Magic and Read Magic are a must, as they are the most basic of all spells any arcane spellcaster should know. Resistance as a third alternative. For the remaining six I don't know.

1st: Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Unseen Servant, Charm Person and Identify perhaps?

2nd: hmm... Darkness, Daylight, Misdirection, Mirror Image and Continual Flame?

3rd: Haste and Dispel Magic are a must, other than that I don't know. An offensive spell such as Fireball perhaps, or maybe Slow.

4th: Charm Monster and Polymorph Other are a given. Other than that I would suggest something like Hallucinatory Terrain, Improved Invisibility, or Rainbow Pattern perhaps?

5th: Wall of Force and Shadow Evocation seems like good choices, as for the remaining two, Teleport and Telekinesis are possibilities.

6th: Disintegrate, Antimagic Field, Geas/Quest seems like the best choices.

7th: Banishment, Spell Turning, and Prismatic Spray gives a good mix of offensive and defensivce spells.

8th: Prismatic Wall, Otto's Irresistable Dance, and Horrid Wilting. The latter is my personal favourite level 8 spell.

9th: Wish, Time Stop, and Mordenkainen's Disjunction. For obvious reasons.

As for create magic items, go with scrolls and any item that gives it's possessor a bonus to a mental ability. And throw in psionic items while you're at it...

Holy Symbol: A stilized ruby dragon sorrounded by five stars of different colors (One white, one purple, one green, one blue, and one yellow, representing his five companions.)

Sounds good?

Later,

Edit: fixed your italics for you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
charm person, charm monster, teleport, and geas/quest are among his spell-like abilities. is it good to repeat them among his spells (i.e., can he use spells and spell-like abilities in the same round or something) or should we save those spots for something else? will take a closer look at your list when i get home. :)

edit: i noticed a slight amount of this repetition, let me know how badly you want those spells in the following list.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
OK, how about these?

0 - arcane mark, dancing lights, detect magic, detect poison, ghost sound, light, mage hand, prestidigitation, resistance (read magic wouldn't be necessary if he's not a wizard, right?)

1 - alarm, mage armor, magic missile, true strike, unseen servant

2 - darkness, daylight, knock, mirror image, misdirection

3 - dispel magic, displacement, haste, nondetection

4 - arcane eye, charm monster, improved invibility, rainbow pattern

5 - feeblemind, shadow evocation, telekinesis, wall of force

6 - analyze dweomer, antimagic field, disintegrate

7 - banishment, prismatic spray, spell turning

8 - horrid wilting, Otto's irresistable dance, prismatic wall

9 - Mordenkainen's disjunction, time stop - wish, isn't that a bit powerful?

Remove ads