• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Gods (Aasterinian, Chronepsis, and Faluzure)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Great Umbrage said:
While I admittedly looked briefly at that, Aasterinian really should be based off a brass...if it's a conversion of MonMyth, then she's a brass.

nope. read the document i posted on page one. according to that book, while she looks for the most part like a brass dragon, it does say that her stats and abilities more closely mimic a gold dragon. unless i'm somehow reading that wrong...

Edit: try this link instead

Last edited:

Great Umbrage

First Post
Okay, now that I'm home, I can reference the points better. First, her statistics are as a Great Gold. Yes.

Breath weapons as Great Brass plus spiral of degen.

Spell Immunity: Hers is weaker than Bahamut's...spells below 5th level (in other words, spells of 4th level and lower) do not affect her. Bahamut gets immunity of spells up to and including 5th level. Of course, they upped Tiamat's in 3E also.

In any case, I don't see Aas as a rank 10 god. Looking at her caster levels in MonMyth and other statistics (breath weapon damage, etc.) compared to Bahamut, I would rank her as a rank 8. (or even 7, but I stuck with 8), and Faluzure as rank 9.
I still have some problem with how you assigned stats, but I have a problem with Tiamat's official stats too (why is she less wise than a Great Red Wyrm?). So, anyways, I re-did all of the dragon gods right now.

Anyone have any ideas about how to handle monstrous deities in general? Dragon gods are obviously not much stronger than their respective races compared to humanoid gods. But then, they have dragon hit dice and not outsider hit dice.
Which gods should have outsider hit dice and which gods should have monster hit dice?

Krishnath

First Post
The way I see it (And I am by no means an expert.) It depends on a lot of things, if the monstrous deity is a deity of dragons, it should have dragon HD (and saves, which will give it better saves than most other deities of the same level.). If it is a risen (or ascendent) mortal, it should have whatever HD the mortal creature had, probably advanced to the maximum of the race and with several class levels also. If the deity on the other hand was born a deity, either by random fluctuations of the time/space continuum (as with most creator deities, that come into being from nothing), or by divine birth (born in the regular fashion, or by some divine way as Aphrodite and Athena from greek myth), the deity in question should usually have outsider HD. The only exception I can see to this is if the deity in question is a giant, as giants (at least in some myths such as the norse) are equals to the most powerfull creatures in existance.

But as I said, I'm not an expert. :D

Great Umbrage

First Post
Out of the mosnter types, only Dragon and Outsider are really comparable in power...Undead is a little weaker, and the others really lack the skill points. Of course, the dragon deities were born as deities too, so they could be outsiders...

I'm experimenting with making deities like Titania the Faerie Queen a fey and Stronmaus and Annam giants with giant HD and comparing...

I'm also in favor of using the divine array when possible...

Krishnath

First Post
Read the two first lines of my former post again.

It depends on a lot of things, if the monstrous deity is a deity of dragons, it should have dragon HD (and saves, which will give it better saves than most other deities of the same level.).

As I said, it depends on a lot of things. Experiment, personally I think it makes sense that a deitiy of faeries is a fey. And if there is anything that the ELH showed us, it is possible to make a very powerfull creature of all creaturetypes. (perhaps with the sole exception of beasts, as it is the only creature type not represented in the beastiary part of the ELH.) But then again I have never really seen Titania as a deity, a creature of deity level power perhaps, but not a deity. Might have to do with 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'... :D

Later,

Cassiopea

First Post
Io is the draconic pantheon leader, something like Re overlordship of his pantheon, remember this is overlordship of a pantheon not a world like Ao is, the Faerunian pantheon doesn't have a pantheon overlord, although cyric, bane, tiamat, and mystra think they should be.

Anyone want to consider doing a write up on Kereska Wonderbringer, the Greater Power Draconic Goddess of Magic, "a.ka. the Draconic version of Mystra" and a Chosen template for any chosen of hers would be nice also.

Krishnath

First Post
Boz: looking good so far, here are a couple of comments though...

1. In General:

Breathweapons should be useable once every 1d4 rounds, as per standard for dragons.

Spellcasting: as 20th level sorcerers, but should know some divine spells as arcane.

2. Aasternian:

No character levels (Dragon)

HD: Should have slightly less than Bahamut.

Should have fire subtype.

cast spells as a 20th level sorcerer. (Should have Flame Strike as a 4th level arcane spell.)

Domains: Chaos, Fire, Trickery

3. Chronepsis

HD: minimum equal to Bahamut, should be at least three higer.

Breathweapon: Same as ghost dragon (See Monsters of Faerun) + that disintegration thing... :D

Spells: 20th level sorcerer (knows some cleric spells as arcane spells: Heal and Harm for example)

Domains: Death, Knowledge, Fate (from FRCS), probably one more (any suggestions?)

Improved Invisibility should be a spell-like ability useable at will. Should have non-detection also.

4. Falazure:

HD as great wyrm shadow + a minimum of 3 more.

Breathweapon: As great wyrm shadow but 10 negative levels plus whatever you feel fits.

Spells: As 20th level sorcerer, should concentrate on spells with the shadow and darkness descripitors, as well as some mind affecting (such as fear and symbol)

Domains: Death, Evil, Darkness (from FRCS), Undeath (Also FRCS)

That's all, so far... :D

Later,

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads