• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Gods (Aasterinian, Chronepsis, and Faluzure)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
re: aastry, cool. :)

re: falzy: with his chosen domains of darkness, evil, and death, he gets the following:
Spell-Like Abilities: Faluzure uses these abilities as a 20th-level caster, except for evil spells, which he uses as a 21st-level caster. The save DCs are 33 + spell level. Animate dead, armor of darkness *, blacklight *, blasphemy, blindness, cause fear, create greater undead, create undead, death knell, death ward, desecrate, destruction, dispel good, magic circle against good, nightmare, obscuring mist, power word blind, power word kill, protection from good, prying eyes, slay living, summon monster V (only summons 1d3 shadows), summon monster IX, unholy aura, unholy blight, wail of the banshee. * Spell is found in Deities and Demigods.

as you said, he's got enough in there to cover creating undead. also, i think the summon monster V covers the shadow summoning. the only thing it doesn't cover is commanding undead, so if Control Creatures doesn't do the job, i will create a new SDA for it.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Let’s work on skills and feats for these gods. Each one gets the following:

Aasterinian gets 828 skill points, and 12 feats.
Chronepsis gets 980 skill points, and 13 feats.
Faluzure gets 855 skill points, and 12 feats.

The following skills and feats are common to both Bahamut and Tiamat. That doesn’t mean we need to use all of them for these three gods (although I did use them all for Sardior, IIRC). Still, they are a good base to work from:

Skills: Alchemy, Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), Listen, Scry, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Wilderness Lore

Feats: Alertness, Blind-Fight, Cleave, Combat Casting, Great Cleave, Hover, Improved Critical (bite), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Snatch, Wingover

Also, some notes to consider:

Aasterinian receives Bluff, Disguise, and Hide as class skills (Trickery domain), so she should probably take them.

Faluzure receives Blind-Fight as a bonus feat (Darkness domain), so that will give him an extra feat besides.

Krishnath

First Post
hmm... IMHO falazure should have Escape Artist, Hide and Move Silently as class skills, he is a shadow dragon after all, now for the feats, here are some suggestions:

Aasterinian - Hmm... hard... perhaps the save boosters. Hover, Snatch and Wingover would be good choices also.

Chronepsis - Item Creation/Metamagic seems like a good idea.

Falazure - Metamagic (He would also benefit from the Shadow Weave Magic feat from the FRCS, but unfortunatly, we can't use it as it isn't OGL)

The main problem is that the feats in the PHB are geared towards the fighter and spellcasting classes.

Later,

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
BOZ said:
Feats: Alertness, Blind-Fight, Cleave, Combat Casting, Great Cleave, Hover, Improved Critical (bite), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Snatch, Wingover

hmm, that's right, forgot that falzy doesn't fly... makes Hover and Wingover as well as Flyby Attack useless to him. he could still use Snatch though, i would think.

all of these guys should probably get Alertness, Blind-Fight, Combat Casting, and Improved Inititative. the Power Attack-Cleave-Great Cleave tree is a good one too, but we'll consider other things for replacements.

what metamagic feats would you give chron and falz?

i'll give some thought to skills as well.

Krishnath

First Post
Falazure can still use the snatch feat, and regarding giving them all blind-fight, they don't really need it as they all have blindsight to a range of at least 1000'. As for what metamagic magic to use with chronepsis and falazure, I would say all that are available to them perhaps with the exception of Quicken Spell.
Quicken spell can still be used with their clerical spellcasting, so at least it is somewhat useful though.

Later,

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
I’m unsatisfied with Chronepsis’s combat abilities as they currently are. Annihilating Strike comes close, but it just doesn’t describe it well enough.

“THAC0 Special Damage: The avatar's base THAC0 is 2. It hits any AC on a roll of 7 + on a d20. Those who are touched by a claw die instantly unless they save versus death magic (save modified by HD/level as for breath weapon); those who are bitten are irrevocably destroyed on a roll of 10+, and die on a lower hit roll unless they save versus death magic (modified by HD/level as above).”

See, there are no values given for damage at all, just “special”. So, if the victim makes its save, does it take any damage at all? There’s no mention if it in the book. I feel that this effect is more like energy drain than a real physical attack; only instead of levels it just drains all the hit points.

The DC for Annihilating Strike is partly based on the damage done, so if we’re going to keep that then we have to assign damage values anyway. You would probably need this when fighting a deity or other very powerful being anyway, as they are immune to death effects. Maybe a unique SDA will cover this ability much better?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
I did wonder why the dragon gods had Blind-Fight when they also had Blindsight. ;) BTW, where do their statstics for Blindsight come from? The values that B&T have in DDG are different than what is listed in MM.

How about if we start with these, and finish it up when i get a moment:

Aasterinian: (12) Alertness, Cleave, Combat Casting, Great Cleave, Flyby Attack, Hover, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Snatch, Wingover

Chronepsis: (13) Alertness, Combat Casting, Craft Wondrous Item, Empower Spell, Extend Spell, Flyby Attack, Hover, Improved Initiative, Snatch, Wingover

Faluzure: (13) Alertness, Blind-Fight (bonus), Combat Casting, Empower Spell, Improved Initiative, Maximize Spell, Silent Spell, Snatch, Still Spell

Krishnath

First Post
Have you heard, I'm a dragon king! <LOL>

About their blindsight, I think it might have to do with their extended senses for being deities, I think it's mentioned on page 27 in deities and demigods.

As for chronepsis 'death touch' ability, I say make it a unique SDA based on the Finger of Death spell or something similar. But I would allow some form of save to avoid dying, but the save DC would be pretty high, cause he is a deity.

Later,

Remove ads