• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

dragon lance setting

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
How does the DL noble compare to the SS noble. Or the Star Wars noble, for that matter?

It's mechanically very similar to the revised Noble in Star Wars 2nd edition. Replace the SW skills with D&D 3.5 skills, and you've got it. The class is perfect for party support, social encounters, as a multiclass option for elven characters (Gilthanas and Laurana would both have had levels in this class), and serves as a good 2nd-tier combat or stealth character depending on feat selection.

It makes a good stand-in for bards in eras where that class isn't available or useful.

Cheers,
Cam

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Planesdragon said:
I had hoped that the 3e DL book would be of a sufficient quality to really play in the game--at least as good as DLA or even Tales of the Lance. Instead, appearantly, it's just more par for the course.

*sigh* And I used to really like Dragonlance, even through 5th Age...

Oh, come on, Doug. You're not the kind of person who'd just take somebody else's word for it. :) Check out a copy in a local bookstore or FLGS and decide for yourself. I'm pretty convinced that the book is streets ahead of the older game material, at least in terms of the amount of information, playability, and flexibility. It's top notch, and the other products support and strengthen it as supplements should.

Cheers,
Cam
edit: typo madness.

Last edited:

tsadkiel

Legend
Cam Banks said:
It's mechanically very similar to the revised Noble in Star Wars 2nd edition. Replace the SW skills with D&D 3.5 skills, and you've got it. The class is perfect for party support, social encounters, as a multiclass option for elven characters (Gilthanas and Laurana would both have had levels in this class), and serves as a good 2nd-tier combat or stealth character depending on feat selection.

Hijacking - do they at least have Bluff as a class skill? It drives me crazy that Star Wars Nobles have to spend their bonus class skill on Bluff.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
tsadkiel said:
Hijacking - do they at least have Bluff as a class skill? It drives me crazy that Star Wars Nobles have to spend their bonus class skill on Bluff.

Yep! So you can use that bonus class skill slot for, I dunno, Spellcraft or Use Rope or something.

Cheers,
Cam

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads