Dragon of Icespire Peak - [OOC]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
So I'm working on my kobold and have basically decided that he's basically been pretty horribly treated by human society but was basically saved by thr group. Anyone in particular want to take up the role of savior for his Bond?

Also, anyone have a good group name to get us started? For Background purposes, mind you.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Mina has been treated horrible by humans too, and even though she's happy go lucky like it's never effected her, it surely has so she'd be sympathetic, she'd help your little scaly.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey guys,

I’d love to join. How about a ghostwize halfling moon Druid?
Think of him/her as a half-sized shape-shifting telepathic princess mononoke ;-)
Cheers,

SG

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Here's good 'ol Fitz at Level 3:

Fitzhugh Cavendish Male Human Charlatan Mastermind Rogue Level 3
Alignment:
Chaotic Good Diety: None

AC 15 (Studded Leather)
HP 24/24
Hit Dice: 3/3 at 1d8+2
Speed: 30 feet
Passive Perception: 14

Str 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 14 (+2) Int 12 (+1) Wis 10 (+0) Cha 16 (+3)

Saving Throws: Dexterity +5; Intelligence +3

Actions:
Rapier
+5 for 1d8+3p
Dagger +5 1d4+3p (Thrown 20/60) 2/2
Shortbow +5 1d6+3p (Range 80/320) Arrows 20/20
+ Sneak Attack +2d6 Damage

Skills
Acrobatics (Dex) +3
Animal Handling (Cha) +0
Arcana (Int) +1
Athletics (Str) +1
Deception** (Cha) +7
History (Int) +1
Insight (Wis) +0
Intimidation (Cha) +3
Investigation* (Int) +3
Medicine (Wis) +0
Nature (Int) +1
Perception** (Wis) +4
Performance* (Cha) +5
Persuasion (Cha) +3
Religion (Int) +1
Sleight of Hand* (Dex) +5
Stealth* (Dex) +5
Survival* (Wis) +2

Proficiencies
Light Armour;
Crossbow, Hand, Longsword, Rapier, Shortsword, Simple Weapons;
Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit, Thieves' Tools;
Languages: Common, Elvish, Thieves' Cant

Features & Feats
Race Features (Variant Human)
Bonus Feat (Actor):
You gain +1 CHA, you have advantage on Deception and Performance checks when trying to pass yourself off as a different person, and you can mimic the speech of another person or the sounds made by other creatures that you have heard (for at least 1 minute).

Rogue Features
1: Sneak Attack: Once per turn, you can deal an extra 2d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack with a finesse or ranged weapon if you have advantage on the attack roll. You don�t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 ft. of it, that enemy isn�t incapacitated, and you don�t have disadvantage on the attack roll.
1: Expertise: Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make for Deception and Perception (2 chosen).
1: Thieves' Cant: You have learned thieves� cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.
2: Cunning Action: You can take a bonus action on each of your turns to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
3: Master of Tactics: You can use the Help action as a bonus action. When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 ft. of you if it can see or hear you.

Backstory: Fitzhugh Cavendish (Fitz) is a lovable rogue. He's a highwayman by profession, but his genuine love for everyone he meets makes it hard for him to do the wrong thing for very long. He'll happily rob a wealthy and arrogant merchant, but he's not about to take the last copper from a beggar. He's also something of a method-actor, and when he's in trouble with the law, he likes to impersonate a guard, watchman, or official. If an interesting case comes up while he's pretending to be a lawman, well, he'll do his best to solve it.
Background: Charlatan
Background Feature (False Identity): You have created a second identity that includes documentation, established acquaintances, and disguises that allow you to assume that persona. Additionally, you can forge documents including official papers and personal letters, as long as you have seen an example of the kind of document or the handwriting you are trying to copy.
Heracles Parrot (Fitz' Fake ID): Inspector Parrot is an agent of the Lord's Alliance from Waterdeep (with papers to prove it) with the authority to investigate strange happenings on behalf of the Open Lord. He looks nothing like Fitz, who dons a worn greatcloak and a grey wig (made of real hair) that includes a mutton-chop and moustache, and affects a completely different manner of speech.

Equipment
Studded Leather Armour & Common Clothes
Rapier & Daggers (2)
Shortbow & Arrows (20)
Backpack& Blanket
Mess Kit, Waterskin & Rations (5 days)
Tinderbox & Candle
Hooded Lantern & Oil (2 hours)
Rope (50' Hemp) & Pitons (10)
Crowbar & Hammer
Bell & String
Ball Bearings (1000)
Disguise Kit w/ Fine Clothes
Thieves' Tools
Purse (15gp)

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
It’ll probably be me ;-)
Aloof Druid, gets along better with animals than people, but when she/he (haven’t decided yet) met the group, s/he felt super comfortable with all these pretty and friendly people. Likely followed the group in animal form for a few days before making contact.

sg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm really curious who's going to post the first character with a Charisma lower than 16

When you mentioned the sorcerer, paladin, and bard's charisma, I thought "wait 'til you see Fitz!" He may be a rogue, but he's a charming rogue. (I apologize in advance if he flirts with everyone in the party. I mean absolutely nothing by it - he's just a flirt - ignore him!)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I plan on Mina being gay, but that she doesn't actually know that yet, so you flirting with her could be all sorts of awkward fun.

Her biggest sign of being gay is she has trouble talking to pretty girls, so her and meadowlark might be hilarious

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I plan on Mina being gay, but that she doesn't actually know that yet, so you flirting with her could be all sorts of awkward fun.

Her biggest sign of being gay is she has trouble talking to pretty girls, so her and meadowlark might be hilarious

Ha! Fitz would be fast to figure that out and will probably try to coach her. "Here's what ya gotta do if ye like'er, love..."

His advice would be good, and well-intended, but she might be scared to try it because he tends to come on a bit strong - he's very unconcerned with any possible negative results of any of his actions.

Remove ads