Dragon Stalkers

It was about a week ago that your group recieved a message from a small town in the mountains named Hersen. Having heard of you talents in dealing with...'very large creatures', as the messege said, the Baron Lien, ruler of the Hersen, asked for your assistance in dealing with similar creatures. The message went on to tell of recent troubles with at least one, possible more, Dragon raiding thier city.

Now, standing outside the stone walls of the city, it wasn't hard to see why you had been asked for assitance. Through the gate, it was easy to see charred buildings and remains of a town that had definatly seen better days. There were no guards on the wall, and the gate was open. Inside, though, people were moving here and there, gathering pieces, cleaning up, and assisting in rebuilding. A few took notice of you, but simply went on about thier work, much more interested in getting the place in one piece again from the looks of it.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Gwystyl looked upon the shattered remains of these folk's lives. His mnd wandered back to another villlage, it seemed an age ago. Elves lying dead and burned, mutilated by massive claws,teeth and horn. That Wyrm had escaped, leaving he and his brother Orphans. This one would not...

Looking to his companions, Gwystyl stepped inside, stroking Dimitri's head, the scruffy rat sniffing about, his brain overwhelmed by scents.

Hiseyes still upon the scene before him, Gwystyl said 'Foul work, here, eh,Dim?'
The rat started cleaning his whiskers as he replied 'Ideed.Hungry, we find food now,Master?'
The elf laughed, not at the hellish carnage around him, his sorrow was with these folk, no, he laughed at the indominable spirit of his Familiar, ever concentrating on what was imporant to him.

OoC:Really off to the Con now...

yangnome

First Post
Sigbiorn looks at the wreckage laying around the city; rage wells up inside him. At least tehy still had survivors left. That was less than he and his brother could claim He casts a knowing look at Asmund.

Sigbiorn then begins to look around the area, examining the damage as they walk by, trying to figure out what type dragon had been attacking the town and if there are enough clues, how many.

WizWrm

First Post
Mazarin glances around. "Foul work, indeed. We ought to begin as soon as possible."

"Sigbiorn, it would be faster just to ask," he says. "We need to speed with the Baron, anyway."

Mazarain stops a passerby. "Sir, we've an appointment with Baron Lien. Do you know where he might found?"

Mazarin had stopped a young looking human man. He looked tired and overworked, but upon seeing them walking in, seemed to gain some strength, "You're the ones he sent for? We worried you wouldn't come..." he trailed off a moment, then pointed off to the northern section of the city, which looked no better at all, "The Baron lived there, but his home was destroyed in the attack. I believe he is helping clean up there."

Jarval

Explorer
Asmund looks at the wreckage, a familiar sadness welling up inside him.

I've seen this sight too often. He thinks, sighing heavily. Why do such magnificent creatures cause such hurt?

It is in their nature. Grandfather's voice echoed sorrowfully in Asmund's head. They can no more prevent themselves from doing evil that you can help yourself from breathing.

Which is why you must try to kill every one of the infernal lizards you find. Einar's voice cut in. Asmund frowned at the warrior spirit's words, but did not reply.

Yes, we should kill them, but only the chromatic dragons. To kill the metalics is to deprive ourselves of potential allies. Grandfather's voice rebuffed Einar.

Bah! What do you know about it, old man? You'd have our channel cowering under a rock if you had your way. Comes Einar's disdainful reply.

Asmund sighs again, having heard the same argument repeated a hundred times. Turning his attention away from the bickering spirits, he looks to the young man Mazarin has stopped.

"Thank you. We will do what we can to help. Luck be with you." Asmund starts to make his way north through the streets, heading towards the Baron's home.

Jaik

First Post
As Chanson walked through the remains of the town, he looked around, trying to see people, not victims. That was not just a tired ol woman over there, but a once-proud mother, veteran of many hard-fought winters, now forced to bury her son. These would not be facelss peasants to him, swore Chanson. The beast that had done this has seen only cattle, inferiors. That attitude, not the power or the majesty of the dragon was what made the carnage so awful. These were people, not things, not beasts, and Chanson would make some foul creature realize that...

The found what was left of the Baron's house easily. The top however many levels existed at first were smashed and only a two of the walls on the bottom remained. Paint was chipped, and there were claw scratches across the sides of one wall.

Furnature and other random things were strewn about everywhere, with many different people rummaging through them and sometimes pulling out a fallen friend. It was fairly easy to spot the Baron. A young man, strong looking, wearing dulled reds but doing his best to keep his composure. His face showed his hate and sadness at this destruction, but his voice and actions were encouraging and helpful to all of them around.

He stood on top of one of the larger piles of rubble, pointing out animals, people, or things that needed to be helped out or moved for other clean up reasons. His short brown hair was a mess, as was most everything about him. Somehow, though, he kept a strong air of strength and care for his people about him.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The hired cohort Zasorthane makes his observations with a voice that denotes nothing more than a very pathetic attempt at disguising ones own accent, "Perhaps... we should know where the 'target' is? I've no interest in helping these pathetic surfa..." He pauses for a second to audibly correct himself, "serfs...", continuing, "to clean up their rubble. Let's just gather information on the target and see if we can't get a few men-at-arms willing to act as relays between us and the town. I'd rather know if the beast returns while we are away. I assume that you didn't request my aid because of my kindness and generosity?"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Creamsteak said:
I assume that you didn't request my aid because of my kindness and generosity?"[/color][/i]
Looking distastefully at the man, Gwystyl replies half-heartedly 'Oh no,my good man, you were obviously hired because of your wit and jovial mood.'

With that, Gwystyl moved on into the town, pausing to toss an urchin a silver coin and to help an oldster move a beam from atop a well, knowing that his actions did little to alleviate the ruin that had become these folk's World...

Dimitri xhittered at the few rats that they passed, finding their company less palatable than the Elf's, while strangely comforted by the fact that even in the wake of a Wyrm's destruction, his species were faring well.

Last edited:

Remove ads