Dragon Stalkers

"I will show you the creature's body," the Baron said, walking them over to the men who were picking it up. Lien ordered them to stop and they carefully put it back onto the ground.
It looked, essentially, like a human with far too many reptilian features attatched. A long, slightly crested snout, clawed feet and arms, a pattern of scales along its back, and a rusty colour to its skin. This one, though, was missing a leg. It looked to have been chopped off by an axe or similar weapon.
"This is the first we've ever seen of anything like this," the Baron spoke after looking over the body some, "Travel to our city has been less of late. Word of the Dragon's exploits spread enough to slow trade. We have not seen anyone travelling here beyond the merchants and traders."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I'm not sure..."

Zasorthane looks around a bit, impatiently waiting for this dreadfully boring conversation to conclude. He seems worried, and attempts to hide this emotion by rubbing his hands on either palm...

Jarval

Explorer
"A half-dragon, do you think?" Asmund asks his brother, hoping that Sigbiorn will confirm his own suspicions.

He lowers his voice, letting his words reach only his brother's ears. "Quite a piece of luck, having a body in such good condition. If needs be, I can question what little of the spirit that still resides within, although I think a less public location would be advisable." He looks meaningfully at the surrounding townsfolk, guessing that any display of necromantic power might make the already nervous crowds turn sour.

yangnome

First Post
Sigbiorn looks down at the body, tehn kneels close to it and inspects it (OOC: I'm assuming it appears to be a half dragon, if I would suspect somethign different, let me know), "Looks to be that way."

Sigbiorn spits on the corpse, stands up and turns away from it.

"Foul Beasts." He mutters under his breath.

"So Baron, Please tell me a bit more about this wyrm."

((OOC: Current suspicions are just fine.))

"We know...little of the creature," the Baron said sadly, "We've sent many search groups to see what they could find...but only a couple of men returned. One of them died in this last raid...he spoke before of a family of the creatures, not just one. However, the Dragon that has come down to cause this has most definatly been the same one each time. I wish I knew more."
The Baron was silent a long moment, lost in his thoughts as he watched a group of people pulling a child's body out of another pile of rubble. He sighed and said, "Thinking on it, I believe one of the other scouts was in his home at the southern section of the city. I don't know if he's alive or not, he was injured fairly badly when he returned a few days ago and wished to return home to heal."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
"Thinking on it, I believe one of the other scouts was in his home at the southern section of the city. I don't know if he's alive or not, he was injured fairly badly when he returned a few days ago and wished to return home to heal."

Perking up, Gwystyl says 'Well then, my good man. Lead on. Dimitri and myself are good at Scouting and extractions. If he's alive, we'll get him outof the rubble. Can't let a man die with a fireplace collapsed on him, that's most uncivilized.'

Gwystyl awaits the Baron's reaction, ready to move, hoping to save the aforementioned man.

Jarval

Explorer
Asmund winces at Gwystyl's overly familiar address to the Baron.

"What my friend means to say is if one of your men could be spared to show us the way to the aforementioned scout's home, we would be most grateful." He says quickly, hoping to gloss over the breach of protocol.

"And if I may make a further request of your lordship, I would ask that you do not yet dispose of the dragon-man's body. I wish to examine it for further clues, if I may."

(Diplomacy +11)

The Baron nodded to you, and then turned to wave two men over. He quickly and quietly gave them orders, and pointed towards the part of the city you had entered from. He then turned back and said, "I'll take you myself. These men are going to keep the body in one of the remaining guard houses. If they find anymore, they'll take them there also. Now...come with me."

Motioning for them to follow, Baron Lien swiftly walked passed and started towards the other end of the town. It was a short walk at the speed he was going, and many people smiled as he passed by them. It looked that he was well liked among the people, though none spoke when they looked upon you.

A sigh of relief came from the Baron as they approached a row of small, yet mostly unharmed houses. Stopping a moment, the Baron turned back to look to you, "It looks as if his house is alright. I will go in and check on him...tell him why you have come. Please, wait here a moment."

He then quickly went into the house.

((Chanson:
Off about twenty feet to your left in a pile of rubble, it looks like you can see a scaled appendage.
))

Jaik

First Post
Chanson will nudge Asmund to get his attention, the nod towards the rubble, trying to be inconspicuous about it, the turns to lok around the area, feeling the fletchings on his arrows, just in case...

Remove ads