• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Stalkers

As they got closer to the pile of rubble, the man on top seemed to notice them. He went silent from yelling orders a moment, waved to someone off out of view, and started slowly down the pile. In a strong, yet careful voice, the man called out, "You are the ones I sent for, yes?"

Jarval

Explorer
Asmund stands alongside his brother, looking up at the baron.

I think that this Zasorthane character your friends have with them may prove to be a poor choice of traveling companion. Grandfather says. He seems concerned only with lining his own pockets.

I agree. Einar says. Grandfather seems surprised at the warrior's words.

Don't look so shocked, old man. I can still agree with you when your words hold wisdom. A look of amusement crosses Einar's insubstantial features. I think Zasorthane hunts our foes for prestige, else he would feel some sympathy for these poor souls. Einar nods towards the townsfolk trying to clear the remains of the buildings. If only I still had my body, I would help them dig.

Hush, please! Asmund thinks sharply. I need to listen to the Baron. As for Zasorthane, let us judge him on his deeds, not his words. I am sure he will prove himself a good man.

"We are the ones you sent for. How may we be of service?"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Gwystyl settled upon a a pile of rubble, absently rubbing at an apple that he had retrieved from his bag. Biting into it and crunching noisily, he listened to what the Baron might have to say, oblivious (or uncaring) of Dimitri's own foray into realms dark and full of delcious things. The rat withdrew his head a moment later, the remnants of a wayfarer's cake upon his muzzle, and listened to what the human had to say with an intensity matching his Master's and quite disconcerting to any taking notice of him.
In a voice deep and chiding (although sounding like nothing more that chittering to any other), Dimitri chastised his Master 'And just what might we be wanting to do here, Master. The smell of Death abounds, and not the delectible smell of a battlefield or a three day old dead man either. Oh, for the simple life, before you 'raised me up', as you are so wont to say...Skittering about, fornicating with the ladies,eating what I want, where I want. Freedom...'

Gwystyl laughed as he replied 'Yes, you did have it good, Old Boy. Terriers, Rat-Catchers, oh, and I musn't forget the Owls. A rat could make a very good time of it, what wit Owls about. Why, I feel right horrid about what I did to you, Old Bean. Let me know the moment you want to go clamboring back amongst the sewers and offal of the world...the very moment.'
It was an old argument that had taken on the tone of a monologue. Of course, as Gwystyl's Power grew, and Dimitri's in turn, the rat had advanced in intelligence at an extraordinary rate, and his worrisome nature had receded. Truth be known, he was having the time of his life (which had, by now, grown far past any other rat that he had ever known...), and wouldn't exchange it for anything. Except for the bit about hunting Dragons, that is...

Last edited:

"I am the Baron," the man said with a nod. He brushed off some rubble from his shoulder and looked over them, "You can most definatly be of service. As you see...we have had an encounter with the lizard since I sent for you. It had just been one large creature before..." the Baron motioned up to the mountains, "Swooping down and causing destruction. Last night however..."
He paused a moment, looking over towards a group pulling out a body. The body didn't look to be one of the citizens. Baron Lien turned back to them and nodded towards the body, "Other creatures came. Nothing like I have ever seen. I am sure they are connected with this Dragon. There were many...small, large. All somewhat Dragon-like in nature."

yangnome

First Post
Sigbiorn examines the body, seeing if he can figure out what it is." And this dragon that has attacked you and your village, how big is it, what color is it and is there any pattern to its attacks. Does it attack at a certain time, or anyhting like that? YOu say it comes from teh mountains over there?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
Zasorthane looks to possibly identify the creature. "I've seen a number of different creatures foriegn to this region."

Pending his examination, he turns to the Baron, "Have their been any other strangers through this region? Anyone unusual, or one who concealed themselves from the common eye?"

Last edited:

Remove ads