• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonalnce Campaign Setting

NiTessine

Explorer
I am looking forward to the book. While Dragonlance was never my setting of choice for gaming (actually, it was on the bottom of the list back in the days of AD&D), it still is one of my first fantasy influences that lured me to roleplaying games, perhaps ten years ago. It will be interesting to see how the setting has developed and grown in since the days of Chronicles and Legends.

I've never really got the point in people hating the metaplot. I think it makes the world more realistic, more alive. See what happens in the real world. Look at what the world map looked like a hundred years ago, and then compare it to its present-day form. That's the Real World metaplot advancing, right there. One of the reasons I never bothered with Kingdoms of Kalamar was that the metaplot does not advance. One of the reasons I like Forgotten Realms so much is that there is a strong metaplot. The world is like a great big ongoing story in itself, even before I set my campaign there. I will concede, though, that there is such a thing as a too intrusive metaplot. Dragonlance had that. Forgotten Realms has also had that, in a few occasions. Dark Sun certainly had that.

Shadow_Nemisi

First Post
Knight of the Sword: Paladin-esqu. Can turn undead, cleric bab progression, gains plus one caster level per level

Bestopheles, so they've lost the old penalty of only being able to memorize new spells once per week and are basically a Cleric prestige class with a few Paladin abilities (I hope they still get those atleast)?

I can't complain, it sounds good. I'll definately end up using the Crown and Rose knight, but I'll try my hand at making my own Sword knight.

Edit: Oh..what're their hit dice? And thank you for answering my questions.;)

Last edited:

Remove ads