• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonalnce Campaign Setting

Bestopheles

First Post
Hey Kai Lord,

It doesn't specify, except for the following provisions:

The dragon's alignment can't oppose your own.

The dragon's total level is considered 3 lower then it's actual actual ECL as a bonus for the prestige class, plus you must simply tie the dragon's level (include the -3 bonus) rather then beat it by one as per usual (which means that you're effectively getting a cohort 4 levels higher then you could normally use.)

You must have ridden the dragon before.

You have to give the dragon 1k gp of gold per hitdice for it's horde.

And of course, the dragon MUST be treated with respect.

Jason

Stormprince

First Post
Bestopheles said:
You have to give the dragon 1k gp of gold per hitdice for it's horde.

Jason

*grrrs and sighs* That's supposed to be 1000 stl worth of treasure (doesn't have to be coinage) per HD of the dragon... I think that they put gp in for ease of understanding... although in DL, 1 stl = 1 gp (elsewhere).

Christopher

talinthas

First Post
Bestopheles, thanks for the post! You've made me a very happy camper. Think you could share the stats of the almighty Dragonlance itself?

Bestopheles

First Post
Sure Talinthas,

Lesser Dragon Lance
+2 dragon bane lance

Greater Dragonlance
+4 dragon bane lance
The greater does point of permanent con damage with each hit, in addition to the lances normal damage and bane effects. If the wielder scores a critical hit, it does wielders level in permanent con damage. ANd you're sure as hell not getting these things at first level, and probably not at 10th...

Stormprince...It does say 1,000 gp in treasure. I left the treasure part out by accident. maybe they converted it to GP for ease in porting it to other systems?

Jason

Bestopheles

First Post
Talinthas:

Word. It is definitely a sweet book. The more I read through it, the better I like it. The races are done really well (as I hope you can tell from my earlier post, the magic items are neat, and the PrC kick serious arse. I'm going to try and get my group to run a DL campaign as soon as we can get our grubby mits on 3.5.

Jason

talinthas

First Post
well, i ordered mine from margaretweis.com, and it should be here by weeks end. I called the number on the site, and got jamie chambers, which was really surprising. Ended up talking to him for a while about the book and other things =)

Yeah, so i'm a fan. :cool: :p

Kai Lord

Hero
Bestopheles said:
Hey Kai Lord,

It doesn't specify, except for the following provisions:

The dragon's alignment can't oppose your own.
By "oppose" I assume you mean with regard to good/evil, or does it have be your exact alignment? Thanks for the scoops, bro.

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
talinthas said:
well, i ordered mine from margaretweis.com, and it should be here by weeks end. I called the number on the site, and got jamie chambers, which was really surprising. Ended up talking to him for a while about the book and other things =)

Yeah, so i'm a fan. :cool: :p

How do we find out for certain that our copies are shipping? By calling the number there, or did you hear otherwise?

I know your connections eclipse my entire lack of connections, talinthas, so I duno if you've gotten the answer a few of us lowlies have been asking for since ordering almost a week ago :D

talinthas

First Post
well, i called and asked, and he told me that there were about 25 or so books left, and that if i bought today, it would reach me by end of week. So i'd assume you'll get yours really soon =)

edit- oh and be nice when you call that website number. Jamie is technically on vacation right now =)

Last edited:

Remove ads