Dragonbane Bestiary Release Date Announced

60+ new monsters coming later this month

Free League announced the release date for the Dragonbane Bestiary: February 24, 2024

9231271f-2d79-dec5-7ec3-e506f89ccf60.jpg

From the press release:

Oh, will no good deed go unpunished? I suppose time will tell, but right now things are looking bleak indeed. I have wandered, ridden, climbed, crawled, and swum all over this earth; I have spoken with all manners of creatures, observed, analyzed, and recorded almost everything worth knowing about the people and beings of the world. And yet here I am, unthanked and crouched in a godforsaken crevice, hunted by several of the creatures that I’ve graciously included in my catalog. How astoundingly rude!
– Theodora Sneezewort, one of a kind

From cat people to chimeras, fairies to frog people, hippogriffs to hydras, and many more – creatures both wondrous and horrifying are crawling, slithering, climbing and flying closer towards us all! We are happy to announce that our upcoming Bestiary for our critically acclaimed fantasy RPG Dragonbane is set to release on February 27.

The Dragonbane Bestiary includes no less than 63 creatures, each brought to life in text and art, as well as a random encounter and a seed for a complete adventure. Among these fantastic beings, there are nine new playable kin included, each with their own unique ability.

6f484400-d913-78ab-aec9-88b2631f8b3a.jpg

ca666d36-6dab-2b69-4280-b029e07def5f.jpg

f9be6670-6a65-fe33-18e4-07b65339291b.jpg

f2cc12bb-250d-efcf-a885-cc388dc6545f.jpg
93199397-9d6e-ea38-5a49-6e6c5e9d1273.jpg

The hardcover is available for pre-order for 483.00 kr (about US$46.58) and the collector’s edition for 768.00 kr (about US$74.06). Both pre-orders will give immediate access to a PDF of the book provided through DriveThruRPG. A set of 64 cardboard standee pawns is also available for pre-order for 258.00 kr (US$24.87).

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
Man, if I could change one thing... I'd not have ordered this and a few other books from Free League back in October. Waiting on the books that were already out for four months sucks. I am a big fan of all things Free League, but I'll never do a pre-order again. Or at least not within the same order as four or five other books that were out. lol. Since nothing ships until the pre-order stuff releases.

That said, I am very excited to get the Standees, Bestiary and Core book to add to my Kickstarter material. Free League hit it out of the park with their rpgs.

Man, if I could change one thing... I'd not have ordered this and a few other books from Free League back in October. Waiting on the books that were already out for four months sucks. I am a big fan of all things Free League, but I'll never do a pre-order again. Or at least not within the same order as four or five other books that were out. lol. Since nothing ships until the pre-order stuff releases.

That said, I am very excited to get the Standees, Bestiary and Core book to add to my Kickstarter material. Free League hit it out of the park with their rpgs.
I love Free League products, but their shipping and customer service is not the best.

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
I love Free League products, but their shipping and customer service is not the best.
I've had pretty good luck with their shipping and customer service. I'd just have passed on the pre-orders which would have allowed the rest of the order to actually ship had I known it would be four plus months later before they ship the "whole" order. At least I do have the pdfs to read. heh.

Von Ether

Legend
The standard edition arrived last week. It is nice and sturdy. For Dragonbane GMs, this one is a must have.

I got the pre-order as you got the PDF immediately. I am waiting for the standees to go public and order them from our FLGS to support them. They've been letting me host a DB game there for a few months now and it's a nice place.

Remove ads

Remove ads