• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonslayers [Aftermath]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
At the beginning of the second round the hunters can see the ripples of red at the tips of shiny metallic wings, as the shape grows larger. The scales are a warm reflective brass.

Both hunters and Velouvous know to expect fire (not sleep gas) at a good range.
As for size – there isn’t a lot go on, but it by the 4th round you can tell that its fully extended wingspan is wider than the boat, but not by much. That ser is a large dragon, at least it isn’t huge.

One of the crew will shout to Hond “there are crossbows in the storage lockers – help yourself.” (Assume 2 rounds to retrieve, load, and return to your position)

The captain asks we fight then? And he will head back to his cabin for a weapon.

The wand is Cats Grace, Aphram is taking it?

As for the dragonbane shot, it is a full round action, that you can use if the dragon is within 30 during your initiative, or else you will need to ready the shot to interrupt the dragons movement. (full round actions cannot be readied.) So not much use on a flyby, better if the dragon enters meele.

Grim you can ready to cast windwall as reaction to the dragon going “huuuhHH…”
Even better than dodging ;)

Ferrix

Explorer
Evilhalfling said:
The wand is Cats Grace, Aphram is taking it?

As for the dragonbane shot, it is a full round action, that you can use if the dragon is within 30 during your initiative, or else you will need to ready the shot to interrupt the dragons movement. (full round actions cannot be readied.) So not much use on a flyby, better if the dragon enters meele.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Aphram will take and use the wand on himself, if he has extra time after also casting his Resist Energy (fire), he'll use it on either Lalreth or Kylala... which ever one is closest if he has time still to get into position.

RedSwan78

First Post
Just in case you didn't see, Isidia will be absent untill after the 10th of April, as per this post:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=2099273#post2099273

Edit- Also, I've been pretty busy lately myself as well. This Friday I am taking my "after" pictures for one of those "before and after" bodybuilding contests. It's the culmination of dieting and working out hard for 12 weeks. Wish me luck! :) I'll still be able to post, just wanted to explain why I hadn't sooner is all! Man o man I can't wait till Friday! After I get my pictures, it's PIZZA HUT time! lol! Then taking a week or so off, and focusing on bulking up! For this contest I brought my bodyfat down into the single digits.. looking lean 'n mean! ;) )

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
grin.

Grim suggests a side quest at the dragons bidding?
This had never even occured to me, are you actually going to talk your way out of this without fighting either the dragon or the 'Foul Practitioner' ?

I was planning this choice since I realized you were going to try for a boat rather than the tunnel which threw out the first half of my planned game ;)

I feel like I have offered the choice of the lady or the tiger, and somebody suggests well why dont we just go through this door over here and get some tiger food.

Its one of the best moments of DMing.

Now what (if anything) would this dragon want humans for.......
and will anyone else on the boat agree to it?

RedSwan78

First Post
*real quick* reply before I rush off to work here...

I always try to look at things from my character's point of view and knowledge. In this case, Grim does love battle, yes, but he *really* would not like to enter battle at this point, because like I pointed out in the IC thread, he sees the dragon as having a HUGE advantage at this point, and he believes one should not enter battle unless the odds are even, or in his favor - otherwise you're setting yourself up for failure. When failure means death, that's a huge thing to consider ;) The dragon has the *huge* advantage here, because it is an open space where it can fly around and retreat at any time it wishes, and he and his companions are limited to a small movement space aboard the ship.

Grim has abslutely no idea what the "foul practitioner" is, but I as the *player* do. (I'm *guessing* it's our friend in the veil with the bright colored lips, then again, I've also got a different idea too.. lol) However, like stated, Grim does *not* like the idea of handing over any dead bodies from the ship, nobody aboard the ship has been mean to him. Grim lives in a pretty simple world and all ;)

Beyond that, I think Grim just came up with what seemed natural to him. If it works, great let's see what the dragon wants. If not, well we'll deal with that if it doesn't work.

I *do* find this VERY funny though that the most stupid (stupidist?) person aboard the ship is trying to parley with the dragon, and the dm is actually considering it! :D lol! :) *classic!* hehe

azmodean

First Post
From a tactical point of view, Velsouvous is in the same boat as Grim so to speak :)
Just waiting for a reply from big scaly now.

As a DM: I just love it when my players thrw monkey wrenches like this too :)

RedSwan78

First Post
Just a *BUMP* to see what's going on with the game? :)

I see posting was very limited this past week, figured everyone was busy doing spring-break things? hehe

Remove ads