Dragonwriter's Music-Inspired Insanity

Theroc

First Post
"Quiet!" Shavallah hisses, barbed tail coming into view as the man scrambled away. "Shavallah save cowardly man. Cowardly man help Shavallah help Con-nor.... Furri...Ferniz... Fe..." Shavallah growled in frustration as she attempted to speak her employer's name in the common tongue, her spear quivering in her frustration.

jager0727

First Post
"Ferrinzo" Twi'Tar interjects,
The Hadozee shifts from foot to foot and grins, completely oblivious to the man's fear and his own deep concern only moments before.
"OOH!, You! AreTheseYourWagons?DoYouWorkForHim?WhatHappened?DidWeFinishTheJob?WeShouldTellEveryoneElse."
Cocking his head and momentarily pausing "Well?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
The poor man has trouble focusing on the words spraying out of Twi’Tar’s mouth. Apparently, nearly dying disrupts one’s concentration. He manages to catch Ferrinzo’s name between Shavallah and Twi’Tar’s tirade and brightens a bit. “Master Ferrinzo sent you? Thank the gods. Say what you will about merchants, he’s one that takes care of his employees. But poor Velchek… Anyway, thanks for saving my life. I don’t really want to focus on what would have happened had you not shown up just now.”

He pauses as his mind manages to sort out most of what the over-excited hadozee said. “Wait, slow down. Lemme answer a little slower, alright? About three days ago, that Skarn and I got here with the wagon. A few hunters came in, we traded and all, getting the furs Ferrinzo wanted to send upriver. Then two nights back, a group of men come running out of the wood, like a pack of demons was after them. Screaming about some giant monster with a look of panic across all of their faces. They claimed whatever it was got scared by fire, so we set a big bonfire in the center of this camp. It was all a trick. They kept telling us all about the freakish thing, lying the whole time. Ran, one of the hunters, called them on it and walked out of the camp. Soon after we heard a fight and screaming. Nobody questioned after that. Then early this morning, before dawn, those men drew blades, tried to steal everything here and burn it all down. Velchek died trying to protect me and they gave me some nasty wounds, and would’ve been the death of me if not for you two. If you want to catch them, they went north-east from here. But you’ll likely have to run through the jungle to catch them. And there was a bunch of them. You’ll probably need more help. Good luck. I’ll just hide and wait here for you to get back, then we go back to the city together, alright? Unless you just want to go back to Veiras now, in which case, I’ll be happy to go.”

[sblock=OOC]
Finally, our first full song reference. ;)
Link to YouTube for Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Run Through the Jungle.”
Enjoy. :D

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbI0cMyyw_M&feature=PlayList&p=9FF675923D65F0F1&index=0[link]
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Great DW :lol: but I found this very kool too:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNLu2gY2-uU"]CCR Apocolyptic [/ame]

[/sblock]

EDIT: FIXED

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC - How far ahead did they get creeping through difficult terrain?

Platinus falls back into humming his little marching tune as he strides toward the smoke still rising over the trees. His heavy 3 toed feet providing ample percussion as accompaniment. The footsteps of the dragon can be heard for quite a ways as the steel plates protecting him softly scrape over each other with every clawed step.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
With the hulking Platinus leading the way, the larger portion of the group makes its way along the road. The scent of smoke gets a little stronger but then begins to dissipate as they walk.

=============================

Twi’Tar and Shavallah note the remaining fires dying down as Jared slowly stands up, groaning a little and massaging his aching, bloodied limbs.

As he looks to be about to say something, Platinus stomps into view. The poor young man shrieks and stumbles backwards, falling to the ground again. “What the-? HELP! HELP!” he screams as he tries to crawl backwards, away from the giant dragon born warrior.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Well than if you react like that to him than I wonder what his reaction is going to be to me." Tom says as he turns and walks up towards the man and bows once he gets within a foot of the man, "You are now in the company of the former Major Tom Robinson, at your service. So Twi'tar report, what does the damgae seem to be and what is this mans story." Tom says in a mock military tone.

Theroc

First Post
"He hurt, he scared. He work for Furry... Ferry..." Shavallah grumbled in agitation as she stopped bothering to try and pronounce the name, moving onto the next bit. "Shavallah heal scared man, he live."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"So good to see you and Twi'tar are here, and not eaten by some giant cat." Jasper says with a smile.

"I am sure the man has an interesting tale to tell by the looks of things, Major. Maybe when he is calmed down he will be able to tell us more."

Dragonwriter

First Post
The beaten human realizes the new group, including the dead-looking guy and the giant dragon-man aren’t trying to kill him either. He slowly stands up, dusting himself off. “Um, well, I guess you’re not here to hurt me either… Long story short, we got attacked by a bunch of bandits. They went north-east, further into the jungle, with all the stuff I brought from Ferrinzo to trade, and all the furs the hunters had brought here.”

He looks around, finds a small stool that avoided the worst damage and rights it. He sits down on it, breathing a little heavily. First, nearly dying, then getting scared by the ape-man and furry purple woman, then the dead guy and dragon-man. What a day…

Remove ads