Dragoon's RttToEE occ

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
I will try and get my rogue posted tonight, they change my computer at work and now I don't have a CD-Rom and all my SRD files are on CD grrrrrr.

Pate Pot Pete

First Post
I've always had a soft spot for Homlett and the Temple, and I'd like to try your rendition of the classic.

Atton always was different from the others, in the small farming village were he grew up, all the other kids were scared of him. Most adults found Atton charming until they made him angry, which they always did. His parents loved him though and tried to help him. None of it made it difference, when he was fourteen he killed another boy, when asked later Atton couldn't even remember why he did it. The locals blamed it on the small group of elves, and the lynchings that followed even made Atton shutter, but just a little. Then he met an odd little elf named Randall Floor'agg. Randall tought him the ways of the swordsman, and tempered that murderous instinct, and turned it into fighting ability. Now, Atton leaves his village out to find glory, and riches, but most of all to make his master proud of him.
(I have taken this background from a game I tried to enroll in but I belive has died)

Atton TN Human Swashbacker 4

Str:14 +2 H.P. 35
Dex:16 +3 BAB +4
Con:12 +1 AC: 18 FF: 15 T: 14
Int:14 +2 Initiative: +7
Wis:11 +0
Cha:12 +1

Attacks: Keen Shortsword +8 1d6+4 (17-20 X2)

Feats: Weapon Finnese (Shortsword), Weapon Focus (Shortsword), Improved Initiative, Combat Expertise

Skills: Balance +8, Bluff +8, Climb +5, Diplomacy +6, Escape Artist +8, Jump +5, Sense Motive +7, Tumble +10, Search +6, Gather Information +6, Speak Language (Common, Elven, Gnome, Dwarven, Celestial, Halfling, Terran), Spot +2

Equipment: Keen Short-Sword, Mithiral Chain Shirt, Bedroll, Torch (2), Bracers of Armor +1, Elixer of Truth, 41 gp, 7sp, 1cp (Atton has spent some of his cash while traviling to Hommlet)

Appearance: Atton is pretty tall for a human, but quite slender. His almost albino skin has caused some weird looks in the past, he won't say where he got it from but one thing is for sure. It wasn't like that when he left his village.

Personality: Atton is a urbane man, quiet by nature. He has found that it is easier to fit in with other adventures if he pretends to fit a sterotype. As a result a purposly acts loud and boisterous. Atton's main flaw is his boarderline psycosis. Randall tempered that coldness, and Atton has found a healthy outlet for it in adventuring but he is still rather odd.

Last edited:

Dragoon

First Post
Might use Paladin of Freedom if we have another Paladin. Thoughts?

Sure you can play a Paladin of Freedom, if you like.

I'm also not too familiar with Greyhawk Dieties.. some ideas maybe?

Well if you are going the CG Paladin of Freedom route, probably the best choice would be, Trithereon, CG, god of Individuality, Liberty, Retribution, and Sel-Defense.

Terraism

Explorer
I'm guessing the game's already filled up, but if it's not, I'd love to participate. I can get a character fleshed out fairly quickly, if need be. I'll peek in tomorrow (later today) and see. :)

Li Shenron

Legend
Maija Haybloom

Crap! I should have posted a PC as soon as I saw this thread... two days and it's already crowded :D

Well, in case I'm still in time, here's my submission. It's not a very original character, but after lots of weird races and new classes and prestige classes, I am in the mood for something pretty normal :p Sorry if there are mistakes or something is badly written, but I had to do it pretty quickly if I wanted a chance. Final calculations of attacks and AC are missing.

Code:
Maija Haybloom

Race:		Human , female
Alignment: 	Lawful Good
Class:		Fighter (4th lvl)

Personal Description
Height:		175cm
Weight:		60kg
Details:	Black long and straight hair kept in a braid, brown eyes, fair skin

Racial Features
Size:		medium
Base Speed:	30ft
Skills:		+1 extra
Languages:	Common
Favored class:	any
Special:	bonus feat

Base Abilities (32-point buy)
Strength	16 (+3)		Intelligence	10 ( 0)
Dexterity	14 (+2)      	Wisdom		14 (+2)
Constitution	14 (+2)		Charisma	10 ( 0)

note on point-buy:
Str - 10 points
Dex - 6 points
Con - 6 points
Int - 2 points
Wis - 6 points
Cha - 2 points
total=32

Initiative	+2
BAB		+4
Attacks (melee)	TBD
Attacks (ranged) TBD

AC		TBD
ACP		-2
ST		Fort	+4 +2 = +6
		Refl	+1 +2 = +3
		Will	+1 +2 = +3
Hp		10+10+5+5 + 4x2 (Con) = 38

Weapon prof.	all simple and martial

Armor prof.	all armor, all shields

Feats:		Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword)	- Str 13
		Power Attack					- Str 13
		Cleave						- Str 13
		Eyes in the Back of Your Head			- Wis 13
		Combat Reflexes
		Close-Quarter Fighting

Languages:	Common

Skills:					ab.	ranks
		Climb			+3	3	acp
		Jump			+3	4	acp
		Swim			+3		acp x2

Balance			+2		acp
		Escape Artist		+2		acp
		Hide			+2		acp
		Move Silently		+2		acp
		Ride			+2	3
		Use Rope		+2

Concentration		+2

Appraise		(0)
		Craft			(0)
		Forgery			0
		Search			0

Heal			+2
		Listen			+2
		Sense Motive		+2
		Spot			+2
		Survival		+2	4/2

Bluff			0
		Diplomacy		0
		Disguise		0
		Gather Information	0
		Intimidate		0	7
		Perform			(0)

*tot points spent = 21

Equipment (5400gp):
		Magic Bastard Sword +1 (2335gp)
		Masterwork Breastplate (350gp)
		Outfit (free)

Bag of Holding, type I (2500gp)

Belt Pouch (1gp) with Trail Ration (3x0,5gp) and Soap (0,5gp)
		Waterskin (1gp)
		5 Torches (?gp)
		Flint & Steel (1gp)
		Backpack (2 gp)
		Whetstone (2 cp) 

Appearance:	Maija would not stand out particularly in a crowd. She's moderately good-looking but
		nothing that would attract attention, and furthermore she usually doesn't care about
		look. Her clothes are always chosen for comfort and never for fancy. To one looking
		at her, she would usually look a bit distant, always silent and frowning at something.
		Approaching or addressing her would rather cause a silent barb than anything.

Personality:	While she has a strong sense of loyalty, the prevailing strength in Maija's inner self
		is an innate desire to protect the happiness of the innocent against any evil threat.
		It has always been a sort of "call" for her, and some have wondered why she wasn't even
		blessed by the gods like paladins are, as she's not far from them in many ways.

A distinct trait of her personality is that while she is indeed very good-hearted, she is
		also for some reason not very keen in displaying that. Instead, she is typically sullen,
		either very silent or grumbling, and she tends to get easily irritated at the slightest
		harassment. She can be furious and seriously dangerous to anyone who harms innocents,
		but otherwise she's never prone to really hurt others even when angered.

Very generous and selfless by nature, she cares nothing for wealth or fancies. She used to
		refuse any reward from the people who she helps, but later learned that for some people it is
		a honest happiness to do so, and that she can always turn a reward into a better equipment to
		protect the next in need.

One strange quirk of her is that she sometimes has an irresistable attraction for games
		(not necessarily gambling). It is not clear if this comes from a certain weakness for proving
		herself	in challenges, or as a result of growing up as a child in a militia organization with
		no time for games.

Background:	Maija's heritage is not known to her. She knows that apprarently she was found abandoned
		in a hay stack (which explains the surname given to her) when she was only a few weeks old,
		by a local militia chief in the town of X. Rumors varied at that time about the reason of
		her being abandoned, and there were even some speculation that she was indeed an illegitimate
		child of the chief who only crafted a cover story.
		She was raised however as nobody's daughter and adopted by military academy which provided for
		her basic needs and education. She early displayed very good talents in the martial arts, and
		a strong spirit of loyalty towards her friends and commmunity, so that it came very natural for
		her to simply stay within the public militia and grow up as a young fighter.

A few years ago came the events which were going to bring dramatic changes to Maija's life.
		Economy stalled in her region and eventually enmity grew towards other towns. The local community
		slowly became more intolerant of their neighbors, and rumors of possible war spread quickly. More
		aggressive leaders and demagogues rised in power, supported mostly by the landlords who wanted
		war to cover for lost wealth, but soon the common people became afraid of the new state of things
		and skeptic of the leader's plans. What was once a prosperous and liberal community, gradually
		shifted towards more restricted and oppressive laws, and it was militia's duty to enforce these
		on the people.
		Crushed between her loyalty to the militia and the law, and her refusal	to go against the people,
		Maija's spirit staggered and began to question the meaning of her loyalty. She and other warriors
		tried to pressure the local leaders to put the good of the common people first, but were addressed
		with criticism by the majority of the militia. When some group of fighters even	defected and
		embraced a renegade status, Maija and the few other criticals who nonetheless stayed to serve were
		seized by the majority and easily fell prey to a series of traps and false accusations, the aim of
		which was to likely to craft an excuse for imprisonment or even execution, in order to get rid of
		them, as they were now percieved as a threat to the establishment. 
		Before this could happen, war erupted as a harassed neighbouring town decided for a surprise attack.
		Maija rushed to the battle alongside with those who had threatened her, driven by her sense of duty
		to protect the city, but received no support during the fight. When the battle seemed to turn to
		better, the leaders decided to counterattack the neighbor town by summoning a large number of demons
		to raze the rival's town and destroy its population. Horrified by the prospect,	Maija questioned the
		decision, which was of course just what the leaders wanted to hear. In front of everyone, she was
		finally stripped of all her grades and declared unworthy of the citizen status, and would have
		probably been executed on the spot if the horns	hadn't announced that the armies of other towns were
		joining the battle. Her superiors turned to more important businesses, but not before attempting to
		deliver her a mortal blow.
		Humiliated, wounded and horrified, Maija fell before her pride, and did what she had never wanted
		to do: she ran away.
		Battered and bruised, in her heavy armor and with nothing to eat but sorrow, Maija wandered for days
		through the woods, without resting and without turning her face back to where she came, until she
		dropped asleep exhausted.

After the tragedy, Maija lived in the woods for months, getting used to a new life without a home,
		and kept travelling always farther away from where she came. She now had nothing to fight for, except
		survival. She never stopped in a town or village, but after some time her good nature brought her
		occasions to give a help to people in trouble, and she is beginning to like her new life as an adventurer.

edit: I forgot to mention that I have left an "X" in place of Maija's original town, so that the DM can choose from where she is actually from, according to the setting needs! And the best excuse I could find for not being able to name a Greyhawk town... :p

Last edited:

Terraism

Explorer
Laumus Elzruil

Here's my submission. I'll keep peeking in to see how things are going, and here's to hoping there's room! :)

(Also, just curious - is it 7000 XP or gold we start with? It says XP, but I think everyone has used it as gold. And if I've misunderstood, I could definitely grab another 1600 gp! :D)

Code:
[B]Name: Laumus Elzruil[/B]
[B]Class:[/B]     Diviner 4
[B]Race:[/B]      Human
[B]Gender:[/B]    Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Lawful Neutral
[B]Deity:[/B]     Uncertain
[b]Height:[/b]    5' 11"
[b]Weight:[/b]    146 lbs

STR: 10	+0 (2 p.)	Level: 4	XP: 7000
DEX: 14	+2 (6 p.)	BAB: +2		HP: 17
CON: 12	+1 (4 p.)	Grapple: +2	Dmg Red: -
INT: 18	+4 (13 p. +1)	Speed: 30'	Spell Res: 
WIS: 10	   (2 p.)	Init: +6	Spell Save: 
CHA: 13	+1 (5 p.)	ACP: +0		Spell Fail: 

Total	Base	Armor	Shld	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc
Armor:	12	10	+0	+0	+2	+0	+0	+0
Touch:	12 	Flatfooted: 12

Total	Base	Mod	Misc     Feat
[B]Fort:	+5[/B]	1	+1	+1       +2
[B]Ref:	+4[/B]	1	+2	+1       +0
[B]Will:	+5[/B]	4	+0	+1       +0

Weapon		Attack	Damage	Critical
Quarterstaff    +2       1D6       20/x2
Heavy Crossbow  +4       1d10   19-20/x2

[B]Languages:[/B] 
Common
Suloise, Ancient
Draconic
Dwarven
Elven

[B]Abilities:[/B] 
Familiar: You have called a lizard, Darvus, as your magical companion.
Having a lizard as your familiar grants you a +3 bonus to Balance checks
(and the Alertness feat while he is within five feet.)
Specialized: +2 to Spellcraft, +1 spell slot/level for Divination spells;
banned school Necromancy

[B]Wizard Spells Known:[/B]
Level 2 [i]detect thoughts, glitterdust, locate object, rope trick scorching
ray[/i]
Level 1 [i]color spray, comprehend languages, disguise self, enlarge person,
grease, identify, master's touch, scholar's touch, shield[/i]
Level 0 [i]acid splash, arcane mark, dancing lights, daze, detect magic, detect
poison, disrupt undead, flare, ghost sound, light, mage hand, mending,
message, open/close, prestidigitation, ray of frost, read magic, resistance,
touch of fatigue[/i]

[b]Wizard Spells Prepared:[/b]
(5/5/4)
Detect Magic []
Light [][]
Mage Hand []
Touch of Fatigue []

Comprehend Languages []
Disguise Self []
Grease []
Scholar's Touch []
Shield []

Detect Thoughts [][]
Glitterdust []
Scorching Ray []

[B]Feats:[/B] 
Great Fortitude (Human), Improved Initative (1st), Extend Spell (3rd),
Scribe Scroll (Wiz 1)

Skill Points: 43 Max Ranks: 7/3

Skills		       Total      Ranks	Mod	Misc
Balance                [b]+ 5[/b]         0    +2      +3 (from familiar)
Concentration          [B]+ 7[/B]         6    +1
Decipher Script        [B]+10[/B]         6    +4
Knowledge 
 (arcana)              [B]+11[/B]         7    +4
 (history)             [B]+ 9[/B]         5    +4
 (nature)              [B]+ 6[/B]         2    +4
 (religion)            [B]+ 5[/B]         1    +4
 (the planes)          [B]+ 9[/B]         5    +4
Speak Language         [B] - [/B]         1    -
Spellcraft             [B]+13[/B]         7    +4      +2 (Synergy with Knowledge
Survival               [B]+ 1[/B]         1    +0                       (arcana))

Equipment:		   Cost	  Weight
Quarterstaff		   0 gp	  2 lb
Heavy Crossbow            50 gp   8 lb 
 Bolts (20)                2 gp   2 lb
Explorer's Outfit	   0 gp	 (8)lb
Cloak of Resistance +1  1000 gp   1 lb
Spell Component Pouch	   5 gp	  3 lb
Spellbook                  0 gp   3 lb
Belt Pouch                 1 gp  .5 lb
 Coin                      ----   2 lb
Pearl of Power I        1000 gp  -- lb

Handy Haversack         2000 gp	  5 lb
 Bedroll                   1 sp   5 lb
 Waterskin                 1 gp   4 lb
 Trail Rations (x4)        3 gp   4 lb
 Sunrod                    2 gp   1 lb
 Scroll Case               1 gp  .5 lb
 Wand of Enlarge Person  750 gp  -- lb

Scribed Scrolls (cost listed for scroll + scribing)
 Master's Touch          125 gp   ----
 Rope Trick              350 gp

Total Weight: 21.5 lbs / 26.5 with Backpack 	Money: 109 gp & 9 sp

Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push
Max Weight:	33	66	100	200	500

[b]Darvus, lizard familiar[/b]
Tiny Magical Beast; 4d4 (8 hp); Init +2 (Dex); Speed 20 ft, climb 20 ft; AC 16
 (+2 size, +2 Dex, +2 NA) touch 14, flat-footed 14; Base Atk/Grapple: +2/-10, 
 Atk Bite +6 melee (1d4-4); Space/Reach 2 ft./0 ft; SA --; SQ Low-light
 vision, improved evasion, share spells, empathic link, deliver touch spells;
 AL LN; SV Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5; Str 3, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 7, Wis 12,
 Cha 2
 Skills: Balance +10, Climb +12, Hide +10, Listen +3, Spot +3
 Feats: Weapon Finesse (bite)
Description: Laumus picked up Darvus early on in his training, the lizard a 
 common sight in the warm climes in which he lives.  The two have been 
 through a lot together - even if Darvus didn't see most of it, since he was, 
 when given the choice, sleeping. When active, however, Darvus is a bit of a 
 scamp, attracted to shiny objects and, especially as they've moved north, 
 heat sources.

Appearance: Roughly average height, and a bit on the slim side, Laumus disdains the robes that other wizards so often wear, choosing instead to wear a simple - and functional - traveling outfit of tan and gray. Even when most people find it reasonably warm, he often has his cloak pulled close, still not used to the northern climes. With brown eyes and shoulder-length dirty blond hair, he doesn't stand out in a crowd, which is as he'd prefer it.

Personality: Laumus is quiet, especially around those he doesn't know well. A pureblood Suel in the north - especially after the Scarlet Brotherhood's activities in recent years - is often the subject of distrust, or at least less-than-enthused greetings. Still, he enjoys the company of others, and wouldn't be averse to more contact - he's shy and out-of-place, not avoidant. For now, his usual company consists of the lizard often perched on his shoulder - but Darvus isn't the best conversationalist.

Once he opens up a bit, Laumus is a pleasant sort, and very bright. He often sees a path through situations that others don't, but he tries to avoid giving anything that sounds like orders, being hesitant to take charge. As such, he phrases most as helpful suggestions, and often backs down if challenged on the point. (As a sidenote, when Darvus is paying attention, Laumus tends to be at least a little more forceful - probably because the blasted lizard tends to bite when he senses weakness.)

Motivations: Now that he's away from the Brotherhood, Laumus has discovered that he rather likes the adventuring life. Always eager to expand his knowledge - of any sort - he has decided to stay in Hommlet for the time being, interested in pursuing the tales of the Temple of Elemental Evil, and assuming that, as ruins, it should be empty enough that he can poke around without too much risk.

Background: Raised far to the south, in the lands of the Scarlet Brotherhood, Laumus is the son of a wizard of the Scarlet Sign, the elite casters of the ethnocentric empire. His father, however, died when he was young, as a result of the Brotherhood's land grab during the Greyhawk wars. As such, Laumus was raised by his mother - a tyrant of a lady - and some of his father's associates. The latter noticed Laumus's intelligence early on, and expected great things of him - to exceed his father's passable talents as a mage, at least. After a fashion, they were right.

Laumus learned quickly, devouring bits of arcane lore they put before him, and he was always eager for more tutelage. He spent as much of his time as he could in the presence of older mages, quietly observing and running errands - not just because he wanted to learn, but also to avoid the mother who's expectations he constantly failed to live up to. As a child, he accepted the notion that the Suloise were the greatest of peoples. As he aged, however, and studied more and more history - where it was often evident, even in the biased tomes provided, that the Suloise caused incalcuable destruction time after time - he began to doubt the validity of the belief. When, after he'd proven himself competent as a wizard, he began helping with (what his mentors considered routine) experiments, often on non-Suel slaves, he gave up on it... and, stupidly, spoke of his change of heart to his mother.

Events preceeded apace, and it wasn't long before Laumus was being "re-educated" by his "betters" - an experience he prefers not to think about. When he had convinced them he had seen the error of his ways, he was slowly allowed to return to his previous lifestyle, but he didn't stay long. Filching a few objects of minor power from the Sign, he fled north, making his way through the Spine Ridge and the swamp that lay beyond. Unaccustomed to travel, especially over harsh terrain, it was slow going - but, through resourcefulness and luck, he made it out safely. When he eventually arrived in Naerie, he poured out a tidy sum to pay for passage across the Azure Sea, to Highport, in the Pomarj. From there, he made his way north, through Celene and into Furyundy. Ocassionally, he lent aid to mercenary bands and adventurers, making a bit of coin and testing his skill, but, for the most part, he traveled alone... eventually reaching Hommlet, where he was intrigued by the stories of the fallen Temple of Elemental Evil, and - finally having stopped peering over his shoulder for agents of the Brotherhood (who, as it turns out, have better things to do than chase one foolish Suel across the Flaeness) - decided to stop traveling for a time, and see what he could learn about the place. His curiosity is piqued.

Last edited:

Remove ads