• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dreadmire? Swamp Sourcebook

Crothian

First Post
MerricB said:
You're not alone. (I'm neutral about this book. I just know things.). It's a pity ENworld review staff weren't included amongst those who got review copies.

Well, I am told that there was a shortage of books and they are shipping out to paying customers first (as they should) and that I should see a review copy sometime late January.

Pinotage

Explorer
DMH said:
Have you seen Tabletop's Bits of the Wilderness: Into the Swamp? Very excellent resource on various wetlands and some terrain "templates" for various climates.

Yes. Haven't bought it, but it's on my list of things to buy, along with most of their other products.

Pinotage

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Check out the map on their web site - what is that alligator doing to that turtle!!! :confused:

And why does everyone here always assume the worst? I've read once that one million copies of the D&D PHB have been sold. One million. EN World, RPGNet and all the others combined don't have one million members. I won't even get into lurkers vs. posters and anonymity behind screen names. So what if you don't recognize the people and can't hunt them down on Google! And that's probably a good thing that you can't. :)

Seriously though, this looks very interesting.

Q1000

First Post
From the trouble maker

Hi

As one who had lead the charge in this issue I can speak only to what I know. There was no attempt to flame Randy, in the beginning it was an exercise in trying to determine the nature of the parent company Spellbinder books and games. In the beginning any statement made about the company and the book was looked in to. Randy even made changes to his site and the Amazon add after being challenged on some issues, such as reviews that originally listed source publications that were stated to be fanzines in the local area.

Right now I as others am waiting for the book. I intend to give it an impartial review after I purchase a copy.

I am waiting to see if it gets reviewed by an established D20 organization. I am waiting to see how Randy will handle negative reviews both on his site and on Amazon. I am waiting to see if spellbinder intends to actually publish more books and see if it will start to act like any other D20 publisher, such as hire other writers, artists etc.

Right now it’s all about the book.

Q

NojBad

First Post
This looks interesting. I have zero interest in any flamewars or gripes this book has provoked but I am interested in reading a detailed and impartial review. I like swamp settings and have used them in my own adventures (published and unpublished) so it's certainly something I'll check out if I ever see it on the shelf of a game shop.

Cheers!
Jon

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
DonTadow said:
If you check out my link, I have a coupon for 20 perceont off of it. I love the owners, the company and the product.

I was heavily impressed with the Bits of the Wilderness product that I reviewed for RPGNow (Bits of the Woodlands, IIRC). I felt that it filled a niche untapped by many publishers (i.e., system independent support for actual play).

Remove ads