• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Dreamer's Morel wildshape?

Jacob Vardy

Explorer
I was helping a newish player level up with the online tools. We came across the dreamers morel. So we looked it up in the DDG. It has the plant type, Its under CR 1/2. It looks pretty powerful against anything that breathes. I think it is going to be hilarious to fight. Are we missing anything? As in, is there some reason that it should not be a druid wildshape?

xiphumor

Legend
I was helping a newish player level up with the online tools. We came across the dreamers morel. So we looked it up in the DDG. It has the plant type, Its under CR 1/2. It looks pretty powerful against anything that breathes. I think it is going to be hilarious to fight. Are we missing anything? As in, is there some reason that it should not be a druid wildshape?
As far as I can tell, it’s legal!

Selganor

Adventurer
The spores will probably affect everyone within 10 feet of the morel so other pcs should keep away and the 5 feet speed of the morel doesn't give him much to navigate.

But other than that (and the did should probably know such a plant exists to be able to turn into it) I can't see a problem.

Add a Constructed (or undead) "mount" for the morel and things can get weird real fast

Jacob Vardy

Explorer
The spores will probably affect everyone within 10 feet of the morel so other pcs should keep away and the 5 feet speed of the morel doesn't give him much to navigate.

But other than that (and the did should probably know such a plant exists to be able to turn into it) I can't see a problem.

Add a Constructed (or undead) "mount" for the morel and things can get weird real fast
The PC is already a plant, so at least she won't poison herself if she changes back. She is a mycelial exile, which also solves the problem of how she knows of the plant.

Since the party are all new players, i was thinking of suggesting the tabaxi artificer learn the floating disc spell. Since tabaxi speed means she can get in and out fast.

Remove ads