• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dresden Files, Supernatural, CoC, Blood and Relics campaign

GlassJaw

Hero
This sounds cool. From watching the Dresden Files, I've actually thought about how to emulate the magic into d20 rules.

There are still specific spells but each one is really unique and requires a complex ritual or specific spell components. There would definitely need to be a spell burn mechanic too.

His hockey stick/wand is more like a magic staff that has energy blast and shield powers.

Definitely some cool concepts for a moderm/low-magic setting.

Prest0

First Post
Sigh... and thanks to EnWorld automatically redirecting links from DriveThru to RPGNow, you can't see the adventures or the Modern Dispatches because RPGNow is down. :(

If you go to DriveThruRPG and choose 12 to Midnight from the dropdown list of publishers on the left, you'll see what we offer. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Go to your local bookstore and look through White Wolf's Precinct 13 book, which is all about cops in a supernatural world. Odds are, you'll find a lot of inspiration and ideas in it. (Probably enough to make it worth buying.)

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Prest0 said:
Sigh... and thanks to EnWorld automatically redirecting links from DriveThru to RPGNow, you can't see the adventures or the Modern Dispatches because RPGNow is down. :(

If you go to DriveThruRPG and choose 12 to Midnight from the dropdown list of publishers on the left, you'll see what we offer. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Or you can check out e23; you're on there, right?

Prest0

First Post
Committed Hero said:
Or you can check out e23; you're on there, right?
We are indeed on e23. Unfortunately their publisher menu is all but nonexistent, so I have no way of generating the coupon I promised from that site. However, for general browsing or shopping e23 is just as good as any of the others.

brainstorm

First Post
I'm in the planning stages of this exact type of campaign, which I plan to run in a couple of months. I'm using the D20 Modern & Urban Arcana rules, slightly modified and building the campaign world by borrowing heavily from Dresden, Constantine, Blade, and others. I plan on starting the characters off at 1st level of an advanced class and saying that their beginning classes were their normal lives that led up to the point where they discovered the existence of the supernatural world. I'm in the process of determining who the power groups are, where the PCs can go to for information, and what my first adventures will look like. The adventures will help to determine much of the resources the PCs will need to tap into, so I'm working on them first and kinda going backwards from there with campaign world elements needed. I'm also trying hard to find suitable minatures for my game. I've purchased mostly HorrorClix miniatures so far.

Salcor

First Post
Thanks for all the replies guys, it is really helping. Prest0 I think I might take you up on your offer. I have the modern military horror adventures, but haven't gotten any pinebox stuff, so I will email you. One other thing I am getting to help is crime scene: supernatural. I hear it is pretty good. I am thinking of starting off at 1st level with an investigation into a disappearance which will lead to a cult. But beyond that I don't have much.

Salcor

Decado

First Post
jonrog1,

I just spent the last couple hours reading the first 11 pages of your story hour. It is an excellent read and for some such as myself who is trying to start a d20 Modern campaign very very inspirational. I am really looking forward to seeing what happens next! Poor Jo! :D

Decado

Remove ads