Dresden Files - Things that Go Bump

sniffles

First Post
I enjoyed that episode quite a bit and was really delighted by the twist ending. I never saw it coming.

It's just too bad they put it on an hour later than usual - I almost missed it. I tuned in at 9:00 and saw that it was a repeat, then switched over to another programme. It was just luck that I turned back at 10:00 and discovered the new episode.

Matchstick

Adventurer
I agree, I would think Dragon as well. It's certainly what they were implying.

Dresden was on an hour earlier for me here in Central. Usually it's on at 10pm, but last night it was on at 9, right across from Blood Ties.

So next week is apparently the season finale. It'll be interesting to see if it gets picked up. A couple months ago I didn't think there was a chance in the world, but now I'm really hoping it does. They seem to have hit their stride, and I think given some more episodes to flesh out the series I think they could do very well.

kingpaul

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
got to go Dragon, I will even go as far to say that Harry may have some dragon blood in him too.
I'd say dragon now as well. For a while, I was thinking Mai (sp) was a reformed demon.

And did you notice how they've been throwing Harry's Morningway bloodline at him recently? I'm now very curious at how much of a PITA his ancestors have been to the council.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Just watched my DVR'd episode last night, and also really enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like was the beat-you-over-the-head inference at the end:

"Dragons are magical, change forms, and really old. Mai, you're magical, change forms and really old. Huh."

This just seemed a little ham-fisted, pure plot-driven dialogue to me, in an otherwise well-done episode. I'm sure it's because it will have some bearing on the season finale next week, as will his bloodline. This is also probably why the series is being shown a bit out of order, to keep the focus on these points before the finale. I also enjoyed "What about Bob" the previous week.

And you gotta wonder about an ancient wizard that planeshifts to Hell to rest up.

Shadeydm

First Post
I have really enjoyed the episodes that have dealt with the high council or people from Harry's past and this one was no exception. I have never read the books but I really like the show so I will likely end up reading them sooner or later.

I really like Bob and would love to drop a similar item into my campaign someday!

Elf Witch

First Post
Darth K'Trava said:
I'd rather have the 9PM time slot.

It irks me because now it is going head to head with Blood Ties. I DVR both and watch them after they record so I don't have to sit through commercials.

When it was on at 9 I would wait to watch it until 10 while Blood Ties recorded then I would watch Blood Ties at 11. It was perfect.

I really liked this episode. My only disappointment is that we still have to watch Murphy being the new Scully. :mad:

As much as I am enjoying the show I really dislike the TV version of Murphy. it is the one change that really bugs me. Not the name change or making her spanish instead of irish its the entire personality change that just gets me.

I really like Morgan from the TV series his whole guilt trip over the loss of the loss of a warden he trained was well done.

And anything with a dragon in it is just added goodies.

Last edited:

Remove ads