Dresden Files - Things that Go Bump

Rystil Arden

First Post
It irks me because now it is going head to head with Blood Ties. I DVR both and watch them after they record so I don't have to sit through commercials.

When it was on at 9 I woild wait to watch it until 10 while Blood Ties recorded then I would watch Blood Ties at 11. It was perfect.

Dresden generally repeats two hours after the premiere. Checking the schedule today proves this to still be the case--it will rerun at midnight.

Elf Witch

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Dresden generally repeats two hours after the premiere. Checking the schedule today proves this to still be the case--it will rerun at midnight.

Blood Ties also repeats at midnight.

Thankfully my DVR can record two things at once but now they get over at 11 and I go to bed at 12 so one of the shows has to wait until Monday to be watched.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
So I know this is on a thread about the episode LAST week, but does anyone know if this series is gonna go for a second season? I'm hoping tonights episode was only a season finale and not a series finale.

*crosses fingers*

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Dog,

Depends on the ratings. I hope they were strong enough for a second season. We'll just have to wait and see.

Didn't much care for the season finale, since the build up wasn't as cool as somethings. Still, a rogue cop using magic was interesting.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I still haven't made up my mind on the show yet. This season was very hit and miss. There were a couple of strong episodes including the dragon one. That one could have made a better season finale. Most however were either substandard or downright painful (egyptian one in particular). So far I have found Blood Ties consistantly better but Blood Ties hasn't had any outsanding episodes yet like Dresden (of course there have only been 6 so far and I have only seen 4, I missed the first one and last night is on tape waiting for me). Dresden for me is much more a case of: if it is renewed next year I will watch it but if it isn't I won't mind.

Matchstick

Adventurer
Elf Witch said:
It irks me because now it is going head to head with Blood Ties. I DVR both and watch them after they record so I don't have to sit through commercials.

When it was on at 9 I woild wait to watch it until 10 while Blood Ties recorded then I would watch Blood Ties at 11. It was perfect.

I really liked this episode. My only disappointment is that we still have to watch Murphy being the new Scully. :mad:

As much as I am enjoying the show I really dislike the TV version of Murphy. it is the one change that really bugs me. Not the name change or making her spanish instead of irish its the entire personality change that just gets me.

I really like Morgan from the TV series his whole guilt trip over the loss of the loss of a warden he trained was well done.

And anything with a dragon in it is just added goodies.

Oddly, I really like the TV Murphy. For some reason she just has come across to me more successfully in that visual medium than she did in the books. The Connie/Karrin thing is kind of silly, but other than that I like the TV version.

I missed the first part of last night's Dresden. My wife said she wasn't going to turn it on so we could watch the later one together, but she "couldn't resist". Hopefully that bodes well for the show getting some more episodes.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Nightfall said:
Dog,

Depends on the ratings.

From what I have seen ratings have been about 1.3 for the show, about mid-pack for Sci-fi Channel and that means it may be on the bubble. I would like to see it come back for another season or two or three.

kingpaul

First Post
Matchstick said:
The Connie/Karrin thing is kind of silly
I read, I'm pretty sure on SciFi, that they renamed the book Murphy because there really is a Lt. Murphy by that name in the Chicago PD.

As for the bug/jeep issue mentioned elsewhere, that's because the Dresden actor couldn't fit into the beetle.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Brown Jenkin said:
I still haven't made up my mind on the show yet. This season was very hit and miss. There were a couple of strong episodes including the dragon one. That one could have made a better season finale. Most however were either substandard or downright painful (egyptian one in particular).

It's one of those shows I don't seek out, but since I tend to be bored Sunday nights anyway, I watch it. It's a totally seperate thing from the book IMO, sharing little except a few names. It's more like someone read a brief outline of the books rather than the actual books. I have found that the TV series works better for me if I don't pay full attention to it. Most of the "plot twists" are telegraphed way too early if you watch too closely. :)

Remove ads