• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dresden Files, who would you cast?

Acid_crash

First Post
After reading all these books, I think that they would make for a killer tv show. As I read them, the first image I got, due to his sarcastic and take-no-names attitude was Keanu Reeves from his performance from Constantine, then I said to myself, "Ummm, am I dense?" and rethought it, and then watched Firefly again, and so I think Nathan Fillion would make a perfect Harry Dresden.

Who would you pick for the show, if they ever did one?

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Late last year I found out that my tough, kickass gamer friend Karrin used to game online with Jim Butcher and is the model for Karrin Murphy.

It makes sense...because...(wait for it)...she's really a tough chick when she games. :cool:

But aside from that, I think the lead actor in House would be my choice. Harry Dresden seems like he should look craggy and not too handsome, IMO.

Hugh Laurie: http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0412142/Ss/0412142/03.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0412142

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Hugh Laurie is too old. Nathan Fillion is borderline too old. Harry in the books is tough, cynical, sarcastic, and powerful... and he still makes a young man's mistakes in dealing with people. He is still quite stung by errors made while an apprentice. He's still pretty new to romance. Harry's #1 flaw is that he lacks wisdom, like that which comes from age.

Quite simply, I don't think Harry's much over 30, if at all.

sniffles

First Post
Nathan Fillion might be a bit too old, but he's sure got the right style to play a slightly cynical noir-ish character like Harry.

Judging by the previews for the series, the tv version of Harry Dresden is going to be a bit more rugged and less gangly than the literary version. No trench coat or cowboy boots from what I could see. But that's American tv for you - everybody has to be good looking and sexy.

I hope the series is decent.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
sniffles said:
No trench coat or cowboy boots from what I could see. But that's American tv for you - everybody has to be good looking and sexy.

I think the character is often described as wearing not just the duster and cowboy boots, but sweatpants as well. Harry, he's stylin'. Somehow, I think I can understand the makeover :)

Sir Brennen

Legend
sniffles said:
But that's American tv for you - everybody has to be good looking and sexy.
Well, that's because all americans are good looking and sexy. Don't you watch television?

(Circular logic? Sounds interesting. What is it?)

Remove ads