• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drizzt's Stats

MerakSpielman

First Post
Eh.

Looks like a pushover.

Of course, the main character ALWAYS wins, regardless of stats, but in a straight 1-on-1 with the aforementioned 10th level party, just rolling dice, he'd be toast.

Victim

First Post
kengar said:

I didn't read all the Drizzt books, so maybe I missed some of the later happenings, but he used faerie fire several times in the books I read (first two trilogies). :confused:

Oops. I forgot about faerie fire. He has that and darkness, but loses levitate and apparently SR. Since drow never seem to resist spells, it's hard to tell if he has SR or lost his SR, if no dark elves really SR, etc. Drizzt had plenty of spells cast at him as a young one, but never resisted any of them.

Wolf72

Explorer
MerakSpielman said:
Eh.

Looks like a pushover.

Of course, the main character ALWAYS wins, regardless of stats, but in a straight 1-on-1 with the aforementioned 10th level party, just rolling dice, he'd be toast.

wouldn't that be 4 on 1?

and if you wanted to make it a little more fair, you could always drop in Bruenor and Wulfgar ... Cattie-brie maybe (at least make it 4 on 4)

Endur

First Post
I seem to recall Drizzt killing a 25th level Drow Cleric and her retainers in one of the stories.

Without much help, other than an anti-magic field.

Reln

First Post
They also make no mention of the bracers he wears on his ankls. He got them when he defeted the Weapon Master of House Banre.

Now if you realy want to be afraid what do class and level do you think Jarlaxal Banre is?

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Jarlaxle's definitely Epic.

Fighter 10/Rogue 15, maybe. He might have some spellcaster levels, but not many. I can't think of any Prestige Classes he'd belong to (not like Drizzt's obvious Tempest levels), but I'm sure someone else could name a few.

Whatever he is, I'd say he's definitely considerably higher level than either Drizzt or Artemis.

mooby

First Post
Victim said:
He kind of needs weapon finess though.

Yes, he does. It's too bad the rules don't allow for it, because the way Salvatore describes Drizzt's fighting style, he's most definitely got Weapon Finesse.

Korimyr the Rat said:
Jarlaxle's definitely Epic.

Fighter 10/Rogue 15, maybe. He might have some spellcaster levels, but not many. I can't think of any Prestige Classes he'd belong to (not like Drizzt's obvious Tempest levels), but I'm sure someone else could name a few.

Whatever he is, I'd say he's definitely considerably higher level than either Drizzt or Artemis.

No spellcasting for Jarleaxle. He's probably got 10 levels of the Duelist PrC in him, though!

NiTessine

Explorer
I'm not sure Drizzt should have levels up to the epic range, but his ECL certainly should be pushing up there... I mean, he's been 16th-level since the Heroes' Lorebook! He's been in, what, six new books since then? You'd think he'd risen a couple of levels, wouldn't you? Hmm?

As for him having Tempest levels, I disagree, because I think Tempest is a stupid and pointless prestige class. They have feats for that.

mooby

First Post
I'm not really sure what it does, but wouldn't it make sense for Drizzt to have ranks in the Weapon Master PrC?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads