• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

drothgery's Victorian Eberron game - IC

drothgery

First Post
As Grant helps the Cardinal walk to the ship -- she waves him off once she is sure she can walk under her own power -- it becomes fairly obvious that their warnings are accurate, as Horace notices -- and points out -- a new trio of musketeers where the sentry you slew minutes ago once stood. A quick look around shows a trio of dolgrim crossbowmen across the way.

"I believe, with your help and the Cardinal's, I may be able to get the Cloud Walker airborne in ten minutes." Aerdene tells Doc. "Your friends will need to hold both sides off until then."

Doc, the Cardinal, and Aerdene enter to effect repairs. Horace, Grant, and Quaen are all that stand between them and either force on the perches. "Stop them!" A voice from the humans on one ledge ordered, loudly enough to be heard over the waterfall. An unintelligible cry went out from the dolgrims as well.

Initiative

Grant 22
NPC Allies 20 (probably irrelevant; working on repairs)
Human Musketeers 17
Horace 8
Dolgrim Crossbowmen 7
Quaen 4
Doc 3 (probably irrelevant; working on repairs)

drothgery

First Post
OOC: There's no way to reach the dolgrims without scaling a cliff face, using supernatural abilities, or going back into the caverns -- or waiting until Aerdene gets his device working and jumping; the cliff they're looking down on you from is even higher up than the one the human musketeers on the other side are on.

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
OOC: There's no way to reach the dolgrims without scaling a cliff face, using supernatural abilities, or going back into the caverns -- or waiting until Aerdene gets his device working and jumping; the cliff they're looking down on you from is even higher up than the one the human musketeers on the other side are on.
If there was not a reasonable way to get up would could I assume that I simply moved to cover and took a shot(at the humans?)[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Grant 22
NPC Allies 20 (probably irrelevant; working on repairs)
Human Musketeers 17
Horace 8
Dolgrim Crossbowmen 7
Quaen 4
Doc 3 (probably irrelevant; working on repairs)

Grant's shot missed, hitting the cliff face rather than the human mercenary; revolver fire at this range wasn't easy. Their return fire was just as inaccurate, hitting the ground rather than any of the heroes.

Horace's rifle, on the other hand, had far more range than Grant's pistol, and even a bit more than the mercenaries' muskets. And he was a rather better shot than they were. So unlike everyone else so far, he scored a hit, then ducked back under cover to reload.

The dolgrim crossbowmen had the longest-range weapons of all, but they were firing from the longest range, and were not highly skilled warriors. Three bolts littered the ground. Quaen's revolver fared no better than Grant's did.

OOC: Unfortunately, between range penalties and cover, the shooting going on here (on either side) is probably going to be very inaccurate. Horace is the only one who can hit on anything other than a natural 20, barring action points.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Grant

Grant shakes his head, drops prone and reloads his pistol. "This is going to be impossible," he mutters to himself, he then yells, "keep shooting Horace!"

[sblock=ooc]How many rounds back up through the caves? Would it leave me totally vulnurable to missle fire?[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
[sblock=ooc]How many rounds back up through the caves? Would it leave me totally vulnurable to missle fire?[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Assuming no opposition between here and there, six rounds. For the first two you'd be somewhat more open to missile fire than you are now (firing from cover).
[/sblock]

Einan

First Post
Horace takes his time, aiming at each human first. When they're dead, he moves to the dolgrims.

OOC: Horace will take his time and if things seem to be especially dire, he'll break out the "special" ammo and use the extra damage to speed things up. Horace is a patient man and will take as much time as he needs.

Solarious

Explorer
Quaen darkly mutters something elvish under her breath and stows away her revolver. Pulling her hands in and weaving them in a series of narrowing matterns, she focuses a pinch of her vitality and shapes it into a semblance of a hand, drawing a grimace from her features as she pinches it off from her own essence.

[sblock=OoC]Quaen will cast Spectral Hand and use that to attack with her Charnel Touch. If someone troublesome comes along, she'll cast Inflict Light Wounds and use that with Charnel Touch. If she gets wounded, she'll use Bestow Wound to steal some hit points back. And if they start causing real trouble in a concentrated formation, Quaen will cast Kelgore's Grave Mist again, but she will refrain from using any more second level slots if at all possible.

However, if the Necromancer (if Quaen can identify that) shows up, and he/she/it isn't immediately identifiable as undead, Warforged, or something else obviously immune to paralysis, Quaen will cast Ghoul Touch and say hello to her fellow colleage.

Thus are my autopilot instructions for Quaen while I try to get things back in order.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads