• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

druid/rogue PrCs?

satori01

First Post
Fochlucan lyrist can fit the bill. It is more Druid/Bard but that can easily work. It gets full BAB, Full Druid/Bard spell casting. It requires Evasion so 2 levels of Rogue are an obvious choice.

If you have access to Spell Compendium there are quite a few spells that can make a Bard super sneaky and a pretty decent melee combatant, Druid is also not hurting in terms of self buffing, or weakening an opponent.

A full bab combatant, with drudic buff spells, druid dd's, and Bardic spell casting, summoning animals to get flanking bonuses, sacrificing Bard spells for Arcane Strike could be pretty potent.

DreadArchon

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Druid ninjas, using the shifter druid variant?
That's a rockin' idea, IMAO. You can be armored like a tank (assuming the availability of basic dragon hide) in human form but totally silent in animal form. And shifting is only a Swift action...

Shifter Druid/Assassin could be funny as well. Nobody expects a Death Attack from a stray dog, and then BAM! Swift Action to Bird Form and Move Action away in the same round!

Machiavelli

First Post
Why is this combo so powerful? When playing a druid, I'd think going straight druid would be the most effective. I also have very low opinions of rogues for combat effectiveness. Mostly, their sneak attack is so difficult to bring into effect in a party situation.

Child of Hypnos

First Post
Machiavelli said:
Why is this combo so powerful? When playing a druid, I'd think going straight druid would be the most effective. I also have very low opinions of rogues for combat effectiveness. Mostly, their sneak attack is so difficult to bring into effect in a party situation.

Its horribly efficient with improved feint and a good bluff skill...

satori01

First Post
Machiavelli said:
I also have very low opinions of rogues for combat effectiveness. Mostly, their sneak attack is so difficult to bring into effect in a party situation.

My experience is the opposite, finding that with cooperative party members, Flanking is an easy condition to achieve, especially w/ Tumble rule the way they are written. Factor in the party Sorcerer Improved Invis-ing the rogue(s), or the Blink spell, and SA becomes fairly regular.

DreadArchon

First Post
Machiavelli said:
Why is this combo so powerful? When playing a druid, I'd think going straight druid would be the most effective. ... Mostly, their sneak attack is so difficult to bring into effect in a party situation.
(1) Everything is weaker than a Druid 20 with Wild Shape. Thus, this is presumably not a thread about combat optimization.
(2) It'd be easier to get flanking with the Shapeshift variant (due to Predator Form), if you have trouble with flanking (we never do).
(3) A Distracting Shot Ranger in the party (Ranger being somewhat of Rogue/Druid on its own, incidentally) lets you have Sneak Attack all the time.
(4) Produce Flame: The low-level Druid spell that lets you have iterative attacks with touch attacks! Sneak attack like crazy!

mikebr99

Explorer
Ahh... ninja/druid/daggerspell shaper is sounding really kewl.

WIS bonus on AC... nice.

and add Savage Grapple (CAdv) to the mix.

Mike

Darklone

Do the abovementioned Fochlucan Lyrist with monk levels for evasion and you'll have a druid caster with WIS to AC and nearly all bard abilities.

Edit: Assuming alignment changes aren't a big problem.

frankthedm

First Post
DreadArchon said:
(4) Produce Flame: The low-level Druid spell that lets you have iterative attacks with touch attacks! Sneak attack like crazy!
Flameblade too! Only melee, but can be used more times than Produce flame.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads