Drunk

Mallus

Legend
They talked about it like it was great fun, but what I saw was complete idiocy and embarrassment.
That's because you were sober!

So, do/have you gotten drunk often?
Depends on your personal definition of 'often'. Probably yes, back in the day.

Have you never been drunk?
No.

Is/was it a fun thing for you?
More often than not. I've regretted a few nights, though.

Put it this way, I haven't been drunk drunk in a while. A few years, at least. But I can drink 4 bourbons in a little over an hour, like I did during a night out recently and still just be tipsy --though more than that without a break and things get dicey, fast.

Alcohol is part of adult socializing to me. I usually drink wine (or a cocktail) while DM'ing (thankfully we're playing AD&D right now!)

As tastes differ, I'll refrain from mentioning any brand, but let's say I drank it when staying at CERN.
Thanks you for the lovely image of a boozy night at CERN!

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I hear good, high-quality sake will get you very drunk, but not leave the hang-over in the morning.
My drinking friends claim it to be true from field-testing.
Still, never been tempted to try it.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Amen to that.
My pipe dream would take magic to accomplish, really, but I can dream, can't I?

Hell yes you can - especially when it's a dream like that. :)

There's this funny idea that American beers are terrible (some are) and European beers are great (some are), but the truth is every country makes terrible beers. They also make good beers. Then there is the fact that different beers have different taste profiles. You may have tried one, or a few, you didn't like, but with the wide range of flavors that you can get with beers, there is one that you might like.

So what kind of stuff do you like? No beer-wise, just in general.

Yep. Beer is actually a lot more complex than frat boys and rasslin' fans would have you believe.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I hear good, high-quality sake will get you very drunk, but not leave the hang-over in the morning.
My drinking friends claim it to be true from field-testing.
Still, never been tempted to try it.

I've heard the same. I only ever got hammered on sake once (we had a sake tasting party for funsies) and it was good stuff. I don't remember if I had a bad hangover the next day or not ... umm, heh.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
So what kind of stuff do you like? No beer-wise, just in general.

Let's start with beer, anyway. I prefer the tarty ones from northern Germany, like Beck's and Jever. Some of the wheat beers from Bavaria are right up my alley, too.

When it comes to wine, we prefer red ones from France or Spain. A good botle of wine is an adventure: you can't be sure what you'll encounter, but experiencing it is fun, maybe even a bit enlightening.

Sparkling wine is something we don't care about.

Stronger liquors I seldom drink. I have a certain fable for Scottish whisky, but the (real) good ones are so expensive! Of course, the idea of spending an evening with friend talking and savouring an old Isle of Isley Malt is a great one. Well, maybe when I'm retired I can find the leisure for such an endeavour!

Mixed beverages I find either disgusting (coke+liquor etc) or uninteresting (cocktails).

At the moment I'm enjoying a non-alcoholic beer, by the way. Tomorrow is our company's christmas party wich will take care of any lack of alcohol in my blood. :D

Remove ads