• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drunkeness IRL: Is it a diversion for you or a need?

frankthedm

First Post
I got plastered tonight. hic Thanks to Dimitri vodka. SO I'll start the topic: Do you feel you get plastered as a diversion from normal life or do you think you need to get plastered to make everything better?

Edit: Respond if you want, though maybe It would be for the best if a mod deleted this drunken rambling....

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Diversion. I really can't drink very often, and as I grow older I find I don't even like drinking as much as before. The rare occasions I do get to drink, I usually get truly plastered, just for old times' sake :D.

But as a finn, I still can drink you under the table, even if I don't get much exercise :devil:

frankthedm

First Post
Diversion. I really can't drink very often, and as I grow older I find I don't even like drinking as much as before. The rare occasions I do get to drink, I usually get truly plastered, just for old times' sake :D.

But as a finn, I still can drink you under the table, even if I don't get much exercise :devil:
Approaching my 29th year, I find myself to be QUITE the lush, tempered mainly because: I hate wasting money, my dislike of driving drunk {i drive wretched enough when sober] and I desire to sleep in my own bed. At most I get notably drunk no more than once each two months. Though if free flavorful booze was available I would have died of alcohol poisoning log ago.

EDIT: I go to refreshen my inebriation, even though I suspect I will fell much regret in the morning.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
You sound very much like me in that regard :D. My reasons for not drinking often are exactly the same :D.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I'm hoping to see his addition to this thread this morning...

On topic, I very rarely drink at all now (at the age of 29) as I don't particularly like being drunk. Plus, my friends are mostly also not the drinking types (although with a few exceptions).

If I'm drinking, I drink to get tipsy, not drunk.

However, in my student days... :D

I never drink. So my post here only serves as a joy-killer or attention whoring. ;)

I sometimes consider myself (at least in this context) to be a "Spaßbremse". ;)

Darkwolf71

First Post
If I'm drinking, I drink to get tipsy, not drunk.

However, in my student days... :D

This is me as well. I was quite the lush in high school but as I've aged (37 now) I have drifted into being a more 'responsible' drinker.

So, I rarely drink. Like once every couple of months and when I do I usually only go to the 'feeling good' stage.

Pbartender

First Post
I got plastered tonight. hic Thanks to Dimitri vodka. SO I'll start the topic: Do you feel you get plastered as a diversion from normal life or do you think you need to get plastered to make everything better?

Edit: Respond if you want, though maybe It would be for the best if a mod deleted this drunken rambling....

Coming from a long illustrious line of German drunkards, I once very carefully, and very slowly got myself real good and drunk just to see what it felt like all along the way.

Never did it again. I simply don't like the feelings of not being in control of my own good judgement that comes along with being drunk. As such, I find the idea of getting drunk (or any form of intoxication) as a solution or diversion from normal life a completely alien concept to me.

I enjoy all manner of alcoholic drinks, but rarely have more than one in an evening, and never make it much past the "barely tipsy" stage.

Remove ads