Dry Spell

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Belisha, beginning to get worried, tries another magic “trick.” She quickly pulls out a scroll of magic missile and activates it, sending a force missile directly to the bugbear. It strikes, but unfortunately does only minimal damage. Now she really starts to sweat.

Beside her, the cleric downs the potion Belisha handed him. Almost immediately his wounds begin to heal, his sundered flesh stitching itself back together.

The wounded knight is determined to press the attack, even risking his own life. He steps forward once again and swings his bastard sword. Alas! It glances off Relgore’s scale mail doing no damage.

But the knight’s brave action is not in vain. Slyfen steps up to flank with Eolan. Carefully picking his spot while Relgore is distracted by Eolan's attack, he thrusts his rapier into a small chink in the back of Relgore’s armor. The tip of the blade works its way to the bugbear’s black heart, stopping it cold and ending the menace of Green Glade.

…after the party has a chance to catch their breath, they survey the damage around them. Relgore and his body guards lay dead or dying, the webbing obscures a large portion of the room, including one of the statues, and several of the heroes are still seriously hurt…

Outside the cave, the late afternoon sun continues to beat mercilessly down on the hillside.

OOC Notes:

Eolan
5’ step
Bastard sword 1h misses (AC 17, Atk roll 1 + 6 = 7)

Belisha
Retrieves scroll of
magic missile
Casts of
magic missile CL 1
2 hp damage (Dmg roll [1d4+1] 1 + 1 = 2 hp)
Relgore reduced to
hp

Hardin
Drinks potion of
cure light wounds
Regains 5 hp (die result [1d8+1] 4 + 1 = 5 hp)
Hardin restored to 5 hp

Round 6

Slyfen
5’ step to flank with Eolan (still holding both bow and rapier)
Rapier flanking sneak attack hits (AC 17, Atk roll 9 + 6 + 2 = 17)
13 hp damage (Dmg roll [1d6+2d6] 3 + 5 + 5 = 13)
Relgore is dead

I have awarded 525 XP to each PC.

Attachments

• LargeChamber7.gif
    LargeChamber7.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Galieo

First Post
Cleaning his blade on his ripped and already bloodied tunic, Eolan gives Slyfen a pat on the back, "Great work, elf-friend, very fine work indeed."

After voicing his congratulations, Eolan will survey the others, offering a potion of healing as succor before drinking two potions himself (provided that many remain).

After draining the potions, Eolan will take up a defensive position at the mouth of the cave, covering his partymates' backs.

Brain

First Post
Slyfen takes a short bow. He replies to Eolan, "Your bravery made it possible, and it was truly a group effort. There may still be danger in these caves, we can't relax just yet. We also need to find the source of the Dry Spell so that we can end it."

With that, Slyfen begins searching the bodies for any clues or valuables.

Krug

Newshound
Belisha dismisses the webbing. "Oh that was quite the battle, wasn't it? And brave Rufus, taking down an orc on your own." She gives the dog a friendly pat. Belisha starts to survey the room as well.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Hardin gratefully accepts a potion of CLW from Eolan, and downs it quickly, before taking up a position across from Eolan at the door.

"Slyfen, when that web spell runs out, search the room, you have the keenest eyes of all of us. See what you can find."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
After Belisha dismisses the web, she and Slyfen search the bodies and the room as the knight and cleric stand guard. Eolan and Hardin each take the opportunity to avail themselves of some healing magic. Between the two of them, they finish off the party’s supply.

Slyfen finds that the orcs carry nothing of value. However, in a pouch tied onto Relgore’s belt he finds the eversoaking sponge that caused all of the trouble for the people of Green Glade and the surrounding countryside. Of course Relgore was also wearing a suit of scale mail, and wielding a magical greataxe of great beauty.

Belisha searches the piles of furs and skins the creatures used for bedding. The smaller piles, apparently for the orcs, hold nothing of value. The larger pile, on the other hand, conceals several precious stones, including a small chunk of obsidian, a piece of malachite, a golden yellow topaz, and a fiery yellow corundum. Additionally, a large leather bag stashed in the pile holds 496 gold pieces.

OOC Notes:

Eolan restored to 16 hp
Potions cured [1d8+1 each] 3 + 1 = 4 hp and 3 + 1 = 4 hp

Hardin restored to 13 hp
Potion cured [1d8+1] 7 + 1 = 8 hp

The dry spell is simply unlucky weather, something the country people are used to. Green Glade ran into real trouble when the lakes started drying up. Lord Bootlum hired you to bring him Relgore’s head for 2500 gp, and told you that you could keep any other treasure you find, so long as you returned the
eversoaking sponge.

Splitting up the treasure: I’m making several assumptions. 1) You want to return the sponge, 2) you want to sell the precious stones, 3) you want to split the gold, 4) you want to sell the scale mail. Speak up if you want to bid for the +1 greataxe, otherwise I’ll assume you want to sell that too. If all of these assumptions are correct, I’ll let you know how much each of you gets after you get back to town. If one or more of them is not correct, please let me know.

Galieo

First Post
A look of consternation crosses the red haired knight's face as he considers Belisha's words. Puzzled, Eolan asks, "What do you mean, destroyed? We promised to return the sponge to its rightful owner."

Sheathing his bastard sword, the warrior half turns to Belisha and continues his thoughts, "Should we not also destroy the axe and armor since they too were put to ill purposes against us? I shall bow to your greater intellect and wisdom, assuredly, but me wonders, could not this sponge be used for good, say if a flood were to beset these poor folk?"

ooc:

Eolan raises his questions, but will bow to the superior intellect of the group.

Yep, those assumptions work for me too. :lol: Btw, great adventure--glad you all let me get in half-way.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Those assumptions work for me too. Also Hardin suggests that after the sponge is returned, they investigate the effect of using a dispel to see if they can get the water back out.

Krug

Newshound
"The ill-effects of being able to soak up water outweigh the good it might bring," says Belisha. "As for weapons of war, well, they purchase good coin. And trying to destroy all of them would be like trying to stop a river flowing with a net." She turns to the sponge. "Very well, we shall return the sponge to Nerius, but warn of its effects. It still does far too much damage, and floods are sometimes necessary for nature to restore the balance. Imagine... if it could take the water out of the sea! Civilization might perish!" She shudders at the thought.

Remove ads