Dry Spell

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Seeing Relgore about to break free of the web, Hardin lets out a bass bellow, calling "keep him in the web," and charges him, warhammer held high.

Chargine N, N, N, NE and attack Relgore, attack at +7 due to charging, AC 15 until next round, spiritual weapon attacks again.

Last edited:

Galieo

First Post
Looking up from the dying orc at Hardin's yell, Eolan joins him in his attack on Relgore. Moving the 15 or so feet towards the bugbear, Eolan swings his bastard sword at the bandit leader.

ooc:

Regular attack.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
I think I was unclear in my last post--I need to hear from Slyfen now, too. Then I'll resolve all the action up through Relgore and the orc again. Thanks!

By the way, I think the trapped hallway's EL was too low. I think the party deserves credit for at least each of the 3 that were sprung. Since they were each CR 3, I've added an additional 450 to each character sheet.

Brain

First Post
Slyfen will move to the square SW of the southern statue (draw bow while moving) and hide there, then put away his rapier.

Last edited:

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Eolan sees an opportunity to attack the bugbear while he is still tangled in the web. He rushes forward and swings his bastard sword, but it crashes off the bandit's scale mail, doing no damage.

Belisha is wisely concerned about the possibility of Relgore escaping the web. She moves cautiously forward, pulling three small pinches of colored sand from her pouch. As she moves, she speaks a short spell, then flings the sand at Relgore’s face. It bursts forth from her hand in a vivid cone of clashing colors—Belisha’s hope being that this will blind and stun the barbarian. Unfortunately, the bugbear’s strength of mind is enough to avoid the effects of the dazzling spell.

Belisha’s loyal dog stays at her side, growling and preparing to leap at Relgore or his orc, should they get too close to his master.

Hardin, cursing his luck at being unable to charge, marches forward to swing his hammer at the trapped bugbear, following the example of Moradin’s spiritual warhammer. The bugbear, nearly cowering in the face of the onslaught, is hit by the twin warhammers—crash! crash!—front and back.

Slyfen moves back to behind the statue toward the west side of the room. He draws his bow and seems almost to disappear into the shadows.

Relgore, in his desperation to escape the web, summons incredible strength. He moves away from his attackers, but in doing so he gives the dwarf and human a free shot—and Eolan capitalizes! His flashing sword cuts a wide swath through the tough skin on Relgore’s back as he flees. Grunting and straining, the bugbear makes it out of the west side of the webbed area.

Meanwhile, the orc bodyguard tries to come to his leader’s aid. He rushes in to attack the cleric. But before he makes it all the way, Rufus is on top of him. The snarling, biting dog moves so quickly that the orc barely sees the white of his wet, gnashing teeth before they rip out his throat.

OOC Notes:

Eolan
Moves 10’
Bastard sword 1h misses (AC 15, Atk roll 3 + 6 = 9)

Belisha
Moves 15’
Casts
color spray
Will save DC 15 negates
Relgore unaffected (Will saving throw 19 + 4 = 23)

Rufus
Moves 10’
Readies attack against enemy threatening Belisha

Hardin
Can’t charge (no clear path)
Moves 20’
Warhammer 2h hits (AC 15, Atk roll 19 + 5 + 1 = 25)
6 hp damage (Dmg roll [1d8+3] 3 + 3 = 6 hp)
Relgore reduced to
hp

Spiritual weapon round 2 of 3
Force warhammer hits (AC 15, Atk roll 17 + 4 = 21)
7 hp damage (Dmg roll [1d8+1] 6 + 1 = 7 hp)
Relgore reduced to
hp

Round 3

Slyfen
Moves 20’ drawing bow
Hide check result 13 + 9 = 22
Puts away rapier
Will have +5 deflection bonus to AC for 7 more rounds

Relgore
Strength check 19 + 6 = 25 (can move 10’)
Moves 10’ provoking AoO from Eolan and Hardin
Eolan bastard sword 1h hits (AC 15, Atk roll 10 + 6 = 16)
6 hp damage (Dmg roll [1d10+2] 4 + 2 = 6 hp)
Relgore reduced to
hp

Hardin warhammer misses (AC 15, Atk roll 3 + 5 + 1 = 9)
No longer entangled
Will be in rage for 5 more rounds

Orc1
Moves 15’ both provoking AoO from Rufus and triggering Rufus’s readied attack
Rufus bite hits (AC 13, Atk roll 12 + 2 = 14)
3 hp damage (Dmg roll [1d4+1] 2 + 1 = 3 hp)
Orc1 reduced to
hp

Rufus bite hits (AC 13, Atk roll 20 + 2 = 22) critical threat
No critical hit (verifier roll 3 + 2 = 5)
5 hp damage (Dmg roll [1d4+1] 4 + 1 = 5 hp)
Orc1 reduced to
hp and is dying

Rufus drops to just before Orc1 in the initiative order

Orc2
Stabilizes (10% chance, die result 91%)

Attachments

• LargeChamber4.gif
    LargeChamber4.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
"Good work Rufus!" Belisha casts summon monster I to call a Celestial Badger behind the Bugbear. Narkus hoots unexcitedly at the carnage.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
If Belisha dismisses the web, Hardin will move NW. Otherwise, Hardin will move W, NW and attack unless Eolan already fills that space, in which case he'll move W, W, NW and attack him. Warhammer +5 for 1d8+3 damage, final round of spiritual warhammer +4 for 1d8+1 damage.

Brain

First Post
Slyfen plans to take a shot from his hiding place (trying for sneak attack) on Relgore, then move straight north (drawing rapier while moving)

Remove ads