Dry Spell

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Well, Hardin doesn't know what's going on yet, but whenever my turn comes up, unless things change dramatically Hardin will move into the chamber with his back to the wall (left or right depending on where others moved) and cast Spiritual Weapon directed at Relgore.

Krug

Newshound
"Well what's going on?" asks Belisha in a whisper. "Remember to gimme space to cast me spell of webs," she says. "Is the bugbear wearing some awful big hat? The last one I met did."

On Initiative, Belisha will delay her turn so she can move in after the rest and hopefully cast her web spell targeting Relgore and the orc on the right.

Last edited:

Brain

First Post
Slyfen cups his hands around his mouth and whispers to the party. "They are in there, hiding behind statues. They are ready for us, be careful. I'll create a distraction to draw their initial fire, let me get one of those healing potions before I go. Wait for me to draw their fire before you do your things, ok?"

ooc: Slyfen will hopefully drink a healing potion, then before heading in there he will change his mark of air into deflection bonus, then do total defense and step out into the room.

Last edited:

Galieo

First Post
Nodding at Slyfen, the red-haired knight whispers, "May the gods be with you--good luck!"

Eolan will let Slyfen work his "distraction"--then he will move and do some distracting of his own.

OOC

Eolan will attack the closest bodyguard with his bastard sword.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Okay, I think Hardin's move will be W, W, NW, W and cast spiritual weapon at Relgore.

Spiritual weapon will create a warhammer of force that attacks Relgore on my turn for three rounds, starting the round I cast it. It attacks at +4 and deals 1d8+1 damage. It cannot be damaged by normal attacks and deals damage as a force effect, not a weapon.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Before heading in to the large chamber, Slyfen accepts a potion of cure light wounds from Belisha. Drinking it, he feels his health become fully restored.

Next, he steels himself to enter the chamber. Although he doesn’t know how he does it, he conjures a large shield of swirling air that hovers in front of him. As he does this, the white swirled mark leaves his face, and he feels his agility drop back down to its normal level.

After the party finalizes and coordinates their plans, they begin the assault!

Slyfen readies himself defensively and moves about 15 feet into the chamber. Immediately, Relgore flies into a rage. He and his bodyguards then move out from behind the statues and launch their javelins toward the intruder. The bodyguards draw their falchions as they stare in disbelief—the javelins fly true to course, but seem to be blown away at the last second and clatter uselessly away!

Eolan moves halfway across the chamber to set up an attack against the nearest orc bodyguard. He sets himself up between the orc and one of the statues, to avoid any flanking.

Belisha then moves in to the chamber, pulling a small strand of spider web from her spell component pouch. Rufus rushes in beside her. Belisha begins a strange incantation, and rubs the web between her fingers and thumb. When she is finished, she opens her hand, and a dirty white streak zips toward Relgore. When it gets to him, it seems to almost explode into a giant sphere of thick sticky webs. Most of the strands anchor to the ceiling and floor of the chamber. Some toward the edge of the sphere find no purchase—there, the web collapses on itself and disappears, but the rest of it stays firmly in place. Relgore and the nearby orc find themselves entangled in the webbing and barely able to move.

Hardin rushes in and casts a bit of magic himself. He recites a short supplication and extends his fist in Relgore’s direction. In the midst of the webs, a warhammer made up of pure magical force appears, glowing faint orange. It quickly moves in and strikes at the bugbear. A hit! The barbarian cries out in fear and pain as the weapon smashes into his entangled body.

OOC Notes:

Slyfen takes
cure light wounds potion, healing [1d8+1] 8 + 1 = 9 hp
Slyfen raised to 16 hp

Beginning with round 1, Slyfen has +5 deflection bonus to AC for 10 rounds

Initiative order:
Eolan 14 + 5 + 2 = 21 (higher mod)
Belisha 17 + 2 + 2 = 21
Relgore 12 + 2 = 14 (higher mod)
Orcs 14 + 0 = 14
Rufus 6 + 3 + 2 = 11
Slyfen 1 + 7 + 2 = 10
Hardin 5 – 1 + 2 = 6

Round 1

Eolan delays
Belisha delays
Relgore delays
Orcs delay
Rufus delays

Slyfen
Performs total defense
Moves 15’
Will have +5 deflection bonus to AC for 9 more rounds

Relgore
Enters rage
Moves 10’
Javelin misses (Slyfen AC 25, Atk roll 4 + 7 = 11)
Will be in rage for 7 more rounds

Orc1
5’ step
Javelin misses (Slyfen AC 25, Atk roll 7 + 1 – 2 = 8)
Draws falchion as move action

Orc2
5’ step
Javelin misses (Slyfen AC 25, Atk roll 15 + 1 = 16)
Draws falchion as move action

Eolan
Moves 35’

Belisha
Moves 20’
Casts
web centered on NE corner of square occupied by Relgore
Ceiling is 15’ high in the chamber, so the
web in some squares collapses (toward the edge of sphere it has no anchors)
Reflex save DC 16
Relgore entangled but loose (Ref saving throw 17 + 6 = 23)
Orc1 entangled but loose (Ref saving throw 20 + 0 = 20)
Web will last 30 minutes or until dismissed or burnt

Rufus
Moves 35’

Hardin
Moves 20’
Casts
spiritual weapon at Relgore
Spiritual weapon round 1 of 3
Force warhammer hits (AC 15, Atk roll 11 + 4 = 15)
8 hp damage (Dmg roll [1d8+1] 7 + 1 = 8 hp)
Relgore reduced to
hp

Nac: thanks for statting up the spell for me! :)

End of Round 1

New initiative order:
Slyfen
Relgore
Orcs
Eolan
Belisha
Rufus
Hardin

I need Slyfen’s action for round 2. Then I’ll resolve that and your enemies’ actions, and post them. Then we’ll go all the way through the rest of the order and back to your enemies again.

I’ve awarded 225 XP to each PC for the trapped corridor.

Attachments

• LargeChamber2.gif
    LargeChamber2.gif
    41.1 KB · Views: 48

Brain

First Post
Slyfen moves N, N, N, NW, W (drawing rapier while moving, provoking an AoO from O2) to move into flanking position with Eolan, then attack the Orc.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Feeling nearly invulnerable, Slyfen decides to take advantage of the fact that he is now so hard to hit. He draws his rapier and moves up to flank with Eolan, ignoring the fact that doing so will invite the orc to take an easy swing at him. The orc makes a superb attack, but his falchion is swept off course at the last second by the swirling air guarding the elf.

Slyfen studies the orc’s green flesh through the swirling air, waiting for just the right moment… The orc, beset on both sides, is forced to turn his attention back to Eolan for just the tiniest moment, and the rogue strikes! His rapier actually passes all the way through the orc’s neck, ruining the brain stem and dropping the orc to the ground without so much as a scream or grunt.

Relgore, taxing his raging strength, makes a monumental effort to drag his body through the sticky strands of web. With all of his cursing and groaning, he only manages to move about 5 feet through the tangled mess.

The nearby orc bodyguard fairs better, however. He is entangled near the edge of the web, and with a tremendous effort, he manages to move 5 feet and actually free himself from it!

OOC Notes:

Round 2

Slyfen
Moves 20’ drawing rapier and provoking AoO
AoO: falchion misses (Slyfen AC 21, Atk roll 16 + 4 = 20)
Rapier flanking sneak attack hits (AC 13, Atk roll 12 + 6 + 2 = 20)
12 hp damage (Dmg roll [1d6+2d6] 6 + 5 + 1 = 12 hp)
Orc2 reduced to
hp and is dying

Relgore
Strength check result 11 + 6 = 17 (can move 5’)
Moves 5’
Still entangled but loose
Will be in rage for 6 more rounds

Orc1
Strength check result 15 + 3 = 18 (can move 5’)
Moves 5’
No longer entangled

Orc2
Fails to become stable (10% chance, die result 44%)
Loses 1 hp
Orc2 reduced to
hp and is still dying

OK, now the rest of you!
:)

Attachments

• LargeChamber3.gif
    LargeChamber3.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Belisha steps forward so she's less than 10' from Relgore and casts a color spray targeted at the bugbear. "He's going to free himself!", she shouts. If her comrades are blocking, however, she casts Summon Monster I to call a Celestial badger next to the orc instead.

Last edited:

Remove ads