Release Duckslayer Games Releases - Does My Horse Level Up?

Hello all!

Introducing the latest release from Duckslayer Games - Does My Horse Level Up?
hoss.jpg

This supplementary document for 5th Edition includes full rules to allow your players to each create their perfect Steed, without any of them being more powerful than the other. Then, it allows the player to improve their steed as they level up, increasing their hitpoints, ability scores, and gaining new and interesting abilities as they go!

You could create an Armoured Strong steed as a giant armadillo, or an Aggressive Pouncer as a Panther, or a Fast Construct as a semi-sentient motorcycle! There are dozens of options baked into this one document, and it's simple and easy t ofollow - your Steed will never outshine you, but it might just survive some higher-level AOE attacks that it wouldn't have when you were level 3!

Find it on Drivethru RPG Here!

aco175

Legend
Without reading it, I like the idea. Likely work better in a smaller group since it would be like a NPC at some point. I recall ranger's animals becoming stronger and a paladin's mount gaining power as well.

I seem to recall a thread about pets in games and if they all die or somehow just avoid the fireball. I think most agreed that if they serve no mechanical bonus to combats and exploration, then they just save and take no damage and somehow show back up unscathed.

Without reading it, I like the idea. Likely work better in a smaller group since it would be like a NPC at some point. I recall ranger's animals becoming stronger and a paladin's mount gaining power as well.

I seem to recall a thread about pets in games and if they all die or somehow just avoid the fireball. I think most agreed that if they serve no mechanical bonus to combats and exploration, then they just save and take no damage and somehow show back up unscathed.
Thanks!
I made this mainly because my party in my campaign had mounts, and they started at level 8, where a Warhorse or Drake was weak but not somethign which would just die. Now they're level 12, and I realised in a fight where the drake got one-hit-killed (and later revivified) that I needed to make something so my party don't either spend all their resources on bringing their mounts back, or just stop bringing their mounts - both of which are un-fun resolutions!

Remove ads