• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dude Where's My Ring? (DM: garyh, Judge: Ozymandias79)

RedBeardJim

First Post
*red boots. brain less muddy now?*

*Things are beginning to make sense, yes.*

*hah. call it such if it please you. mudhead.*

*...*

Morvannon turns to the new arrival. "It sounds like our interests are .... parallel, at least."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan straightens up and faces Ribeye, returning the Redboot's slightly insincere smile.

"Oh, I'm fairly certain we want to talk to your boss just as much as he wants to talk to us. Take us there."

SeaPainter

First Post
[sblock=OOC to all]Sorry for all the delays. It has been a rough week in RL. We would've still been flowing smoothly, except that since we've completed the first skill challenge... we're at a 'big reveal' point, but I haven't had the time to type it out.

I'm going to do it in stages for now, so that we can get back on track... it'll also give your characters a chance to interact, and get involved. Thanks for all your patience...

...oh and I'd appreciate no one calling me on the fact that Ribeye is going from sounding like a Soprano to whatever kind of nautical, Boston leprechaun I seem to be making him into now.:erm:[/sblock]

With a strange grin (its not exactly menacing, but disturbing... it looks like he may be happy he's found a group that may have a go at trying to kill him), Ribeye begins leading the group northeast. The cafes, performers and vendors start to become less frequent... while the street people (who could be more accurately described as homeless) begin to crop up.

As the delightful smells of exotic foods & spices gives way to the less than deliightful smell of common refuse, Ribeye takes his cudgel from his belt to carry loosely at his side. That, and his red boots, seems to clear a pretty wide path through the streets. The man that had seemed civilized snd courteous in the Commons, now seems at home... prowling these streets with feral menace. He looks back at your group taking note of your study of the change in his behavior...

"This is Overgrowth," he states, gesturing at your surroundings with his club, "tis a rat's nest of desperation... but I'da no waste the time to pityin' these souls... for they'd slit yer throat fer a shiny copper, an' sell their own mudders fer a tarnished silver." He looks around with disgust before spitting a thick wad of phlegm into the dust, "tis what we work ta keep outta the Commons. Oh sure, we try ta make it seem dangerous... those rich bah-stids like that thrill, but its jus as safe as your dear 'ol mum's"

His little dissertation peters out, and he turns his eye back to the surrounding streets. He seems unduly wary for someone from a gang that supposedly rules in this region. The journey deeper into Overgrowth passes tensely, but uneventfully... and in relative silence. You eventually arrive at, what appears to have once been, an old 2-story tavern or inn of some kind. The building would almost pass for condemned and abandoned... if not for the sounds of celebration coming from inside.

When Ribeye gets to the front door, he is greeted by dwarf sitting on a stool outside. The dwarf has red boots on his feet, and a mug of ale in his fist. "I've got some people here ta see da Boss..." Ribeye tells the dwarf, who responds with a nod before finishing off his drink in one pull and heading inside. Ribeye looks back at your group, "Now we wait."

RedBeardJim

First Post
"Oh sure, we try ta make it seem dangerous... those rich bah-stids like that thrill, but its jus as safe as your dear 'ol mum's"

*never met your mother, did he*

*I thought you hadn't either!*

*met? no. saw, yes.*

*What does that mean?*

*.........*

Morvannon started back into alertness, hurrying his steps to catch back up with the rest of the group. A look of mixed anger and frustration now appeared on his face as his right hand involuntarily clenched into a fist.

CaBaNa

First Post
Noticing Ribeye brandish his weapon, Kamotz follows suit, pulling his scythe from scabbard with a shrill squeak.

He steps to the side, giving it a few practice swings.

Then steps back in with the rest of the Pack and continues following Ribeye.

Once they arrive at the "abandoned" building Kamotz takes a careful look behind them scrutinizing the detail of the scene, noting entrances, exits, areas where ambush could be staged. Then turning the same eye on the building, taking in as much detail as possible.

[sblock=OOC] Perception 24
:D includes bonus from Pack[/sblock]

Remove ads