• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Adventure: Heathen

Bagpuss

Legend
Delve format in PDF would be a lot nicer if they put links within the document or even just some bookmarks. It's amazing how many times this has been requested but ignored.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
That would be nice, but I'm certain I'd use them as printed documents, not on my computer. So, I want the layout to be the most usable. We actually use these things, WotC, they aren't for reading only!

I hope that WotC is not missing this thread.

The KotS format was great. I think it would work equally well in PDF format. But if not, at least using bookmarks/links could work too.

As a further request, they should ensure that eventually PDFs optimized for print are also created. (DIN A 4 format, possibly reduced colors and backgrounds)

Bagpuss

Legend
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
I hope that WotC is not missing this thread.

There is usually more chance of them seeing a thread her than on their own forums. (Especially since these forums are more reliable).

I was a bit disappointed by the choice of what they decided to illustrate, I'd have liked more npc illustrations.

The lack of an illustration of
Naarash, and Dajani
is disappointing, although we did get roughly the same number of illustrations in total. I was also disappointed that they didn't provide larger versions of the maps without the creature locations and DM information on.

Perhaps we've been spoiled into expecting these things by Paizo... oh right this was meant to be an improvement on their publication. :(

Last edited:

vagabundo

Adventurer
Another vote for KotS, easily the best format I've run across. Very easy to run. Very easy to reference. Dont hesitant, convert all future adventure today!!

Also, including those big maps went down a treat with my players.

Delve format does not work. The adventure is good though, lots I may use.

Bagpuss said:
There is usually more chance of them seeing a thread her than on their own forums. (Especially since these forums are more reliable).

I was a bit disappointed by the choice of what they decided to illustrate, I'd have liked more npc illustrations.

The lack of an illustration of
Naarash, and Dajani
is disappointing, although we did get roughly the same number of illustrations in total. I was also disappointed that they didn't provide larger versions of the maps without the creature locations and DM information on.

Perhaps we've been spoiled into expecting these things by Paizo... oh right this was meant to be an improvement on their publication. :(
They should really try to get more artwork commissioned, at least for all the important NPCs. KotS wasn't really better in that regard. Maybe it's also a space problem, but that doesn't change that I'd prefer it.

I hate reading or hearing descriptions of rooms or persons. They just don't work for me. Both as a reader and as a listener, I get unfocused, and once it's over, I don't actually know what was described. Either leave everything except the essence to my imagination, or give me a picture.

Riley

Legend
Supporter
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
They should really try to get more artwork commissioned, at least for all the important NPCs.

This is one thing that Paizo's Dungeon (and their Pathfinder products) have consistently done well.

And with the PDF format, it would be particularly handy to be able to print off images of NPC's for handouts.

Riley said:
This is one thing that Paizo's Dungeon (and their Pathfinder products) have consistently done well.

And with the PDF format, it would be particularly handy to be able to print off images of NPC's for handouts.
Yes. I see two favorable scenarios for me and my group:
First: Pathfinder flops. But Paizo still has enough resources left to create 4E modules which can restore them to their former glory.
Second (my favorite): Pathfinder is so successful that Paizo can afford a 3.5/Pathfinder and a 4E team - and make a good business out of both.

Klaus

First Post
KotS was the best use of the "2-page encounters" format, far easier to read and use than the Expedition modules.

Remove ads