• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Adventure: Heathen

Bagpuss said:
I'll settle for Wizards raising their game and delivering something at least of the standard we were use to.
Or that. I'd be happy with that, too. Though to be fair - KotS probably spend a lot resources on those poster maps. I am not sure if they are required and will be standard for the next adventures. If I get more cool artwork or even hand-outs, I'd prefer that, I think.

beepeearr

First Post
KotS format was much better then the delve format, but I'd like to see Wizards actually make use of their dungeon tile lines for their adventures (ie maps created using them).

I'd really like to see them do adventure boxed sets though.

:1: The adventure booklet, maybe a player booklet
:2: Cardstock handouts and encounter sheets
:3: Dungeon Tiles specific to the encounter Instead of poster maps (ala KotS)
:4: Miniatures for for the most common monsters (ie minions), and all major bosses, maybe about two boosters worth of Minis (could be a good way to re-release some of the harder to get minis from the previous sets)
:5: oh and if WoTC ever decide to make Power Cards, or Magic Item Cards, the cards for any unique powers or items in the adventure

Probably a pipe dream, but ever since they announced the plastic minis line I've wanted something like this, I had my hopes up when they first announced the fantastic location series, but wound up just being poster maps and a short adventure.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
They couldn't have spent a lot of resources on the maps, they were all reprints, I think. All they did was remove the exit/start/victory areas from DDM maps. (actually, I think a couple were new).

Heselbine

Explorer
I believe that one of the reasons why TSR went belly up was because the boxed sets weren't really a viable business - yet they produced loads of them. I remember particularly the Waterdeep boxed set very fondly - one of the best D&D supplements ever. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can comment?

In which case, unless the economics have changed considerably, I think Wizards will shy away from boxed sets. Which is a shame: a 'complete' module with artwork, tiles and miniatures all tying in would be very cool indeed.

What is really annoying me about their adventures is that they can't be bothered telling you what level the adventure is aimed at on the download page. In order to find out what level the adventure is for you have to download it first.

Something like this is not hard to fix yet despite all the complaints I have read I haven't seen a change.

Olaf the Stout

Bagpuss

Legend
It is on the ToC page... but says the wrong level 4th instead of 5th. So they are at least trying. Still they can't get the simplest thing right.

Vanuslux said:
As far as I know, Paizo wasn't having much trouble keeping the mags afloat until WotC yanked them away from them.

Of course, even if they were, it's not in either Paizo's best interests, or WotC's, to talk about that fact in public.

(Disclaimer: I'm not saying, or even implying, there were any such troubles. I don't know anything more than you do. I'm just saying that even if there were such troubles, we wouldn't know about it--and conversely, the fact that we didn't know about it doesn't prove there were no such troubles.)

I'd like to back up the KotS format as well.

It's been a joy to run. Even if I do tend to get too excited and begin laying out maps before they need to be.

Though, personally, I have found that leaving the monsters in their starting positions while they're doing things the PCs can't see does lend a bit of tension to the table.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Of course, even if they were, it's not in either Paizo's best interests, or WotC's, to talk about that fact in public.

(Disclaimer: I'm not saying, or even implying, there were any such troubles. I don't know anything more than you do. I'm just saying that even if there were such troubles, we wouldn't know about it--and conversely, the fact that we didn't know about it doesn't prove there were no such troubles.)

This is just a weird thing to throw out there considering the many times Erik posted that they were doing great.

I mean really weird.

Remove ads