Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG from Goodman Games

ashockney

First Post
Joe, if there's any chance you'll be at Origins, you should let us know. Amophous Blob Games has more than a dozen or more great GM's, and we run over 100 events every year for Origins. We may be interested in playing or running something.

Just sayin...

Last edited:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
For those of you missed the "post-GaryCon playtest reports," we've posted the Gary Con flyer on our web site. It has a little more material about DCC RPG that will interest fans of classic fantasy. And a lot of folks are loving the module art. You can download it from Dungeon Crawl Classics

Regarding playtests, there's another playtest scheduled in Kentucky today, one in San Diego two weekends from now, another one in Tennessee planned around Free RPG Day. As for Omaha, one vote has been noted. :) If there's a significant interest in any particular region, we can try to arrange something, so speak up if you're interested...

I should have known I was tempting fate by playing a cleric on Sunday morning at GaryCon III. Tips: When lawful, never cast a heal spell near a Chaos Pylon, the long neck of a chicken-footed dragon creature can reach past the first three ranks of a group to use its breath weapon on you, and never underestimate the sadistic nature of a Good-man. :D

Good times, Joseph. Good times! :)

Actually, to give a point of comparison...DCC RPG runs about 2x-3x as fast as any 3.5 game I ever played in, and is an order of magnitude faster than 4E. In a four-hour session we'll usually complete multiple combats involving many opponents, as well as solve a puzzle or two, complete some simple NPC interaction, etc. Modules that would take 3-4 sessions under 3.5 rules typically take 2 sessions under DCC RPG rules.

I ran a playtest of the DCC Rules at Erie Days of Gaming in Feb and it played as fast as Joseph describes. Before the game I realized that I need to have all the spell charts on single pages and fiddled with word so I had the handout ready.

Of the announced modules I really recommend the Emerald Sorcerer, I used it in the playtest and it was by far one of the best published modules I ever read and ran. It has interesting mental and game challenges and was very evocative swords & sorcery style fantasy.

Reynard

Legend
June 18th, coinciding with the Free Rpg Day release.

//H

Awesome. Now I just have to figure out how to get the FRPGD materials so I can run it at my FLGS. I am currently running a Pathfinder Dungeon-a-Day campaign at the store, but it has fallen a little flat (the Dungeon itself has a few issues, and PF can be time consuming). I want to try a couple different things, and DCC RPG is one of them.

goodmangames

First Post
DCC RPG Beta Rules Releasing Wednesday, June 8

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that the DCC RPG beta rules will release Wednesday, June 8.

Visit Goodman Games that day to download them.

And thus the open playtest begins!

Take a look, read the rules, roll up some characters, then post on our forums with your feedback. (Or post here and draw our attention to it! Just make sure we see it.)

And THEN, visit your favorite game store on June 18 to get the Free RPG Day module!

Looking forward to hearing what you think!

Thanks,
Joseph

Remove ads