• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon & Dragons Online

Necropolis

First Post
Hi

this is sounds like a very good idea

Ithian - if you know the project up close can you tell us more about the game ?

they didn't said in what setting it's going to be ( forgotten realms , greyhawk , generic setting and so on... ) or a new setting ?

how much freedom the players will get ( like an evil wizard can transform to a lich and have a tower with undead minions ) ?

Thanks

Ithian

First Post
Campaign setting...

At the moment, I think the setting is still up in the air, but I'll talk to Mark and see if he can divulge that when they've decided. All of my old NDA's are in place, so until he says something can be released publicly, I can't say a word, even if he tells me, but I'll let all of you know what I can as I can.

Ithian

First Post
And the winner is...

Eberron...had that confirmed by Turbine yesterday. There are a few sites in development or popping up as fansites already, just FYI. WarCry is working on one, and Silven Crossroads? launched one already. Turbine will be launcing the official fansite themselves on or around October 15th. Jason W., Turbine's PR head is putting me in touch with the community relations manager to get more onfo on getting a fansite up and running.

-Kev

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Maybe, if it is set in Eberron, that's why they HAD the
contest in the first place, to generate a new world for
D&DO.

Last edited:

Zulithe

Explorer
Wow, great!!! I had heard some whispers of D&DO a while back but it had slipped my mind. I can't wait to play it, and for the fansites to pop up!

Eberron? I'm very interested in what I have read about this setting already. I'll certainly be purchasing it when WotC publishes it. And if D&DO is anything like NWN/BG1/BG2/IWD then I'm sure I'll spend a great deal more time staring at my PC screen ;)

The only downside to these D&D computer games is that they distract me from working on my own campaign! Argh :p I just gotta learn to balance my time :)

Remove ads