Dungeon Magazine & Adventure Modules

Do you buy Dungeon magazine and/or adventure modules?

• Yes, I buy both

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • Only buy Dungeon magazine

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Only buy adventure modules

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • No, I buy neither

Votes: 5 8.6%

Dragongirl

First Post
MerricB said:
Hmm... either more people buy modules and/or Dungeon than I thought, or people who don't buy either don't read this thread.
I did a poll a couple weeks ago about what kind of product was most of use to DMs. I was very surprised at how many people voted for adventures/modules. Maybe someone with search can find it for you.

Psion

Adventurer
I do get dungeon. I only occasionally buy adventures. I generally prefer to make my own adventures but grab maps and ideas from other adventures; Dungeon is the more econimical route for this use. However, on the occasions that I actually do want to run an pre-written adventure, I find "modules" to be the preferable route.

diaglo

Adventurer
i buy both. however, i am not continuing my Dungeon Subscription. b/c of the price increase. and the addition of Poly to the magazine. besides it has gone downhill in quality since the mid 90s.

teitan

Legend
diaglo said:
i buy both. however, i am not continuing my Dungeon Subscription. b/c of the price increase. and the addition of Poly to the magazine. besides it has gone downhill in quality since the mid 90s.

I love Dungeon Magazine and the addition of Poly is great, really makes the magazine shine. The price increase doesn't bother me at all because it is only produced bi-monthly and if I can't afford 8 bucks every other month for some great spur of the moment adventures then I must be pretty poor. The mini-games have been good for the most part (thunderball rally blech) and I really like the looks at what D20 products are coming out. Sometimes Poly gets a scoop that I missed on En-World.

Oh, and I buy adventures from Necromancer Games and Monte Cook. I would like to see some other ones but my FLGS hasn't gotten them in yet. Just changed over to Alliance a month ago.

Jason

arwink

Clockwork Golem
I get both, but I rarely seem to end up using more than one or two pre-published modules a year.

My current game, however, is entirely based around putting together two mega-modules - Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil and the Banewarrnes. I figure I'll throw in as many prepublished adventures in the between spaces as I think I can get away with.

I prefer writing my own games, but time is an issue for me at the moment. I'd rather spend the free moments building the world rather than the individual adventures.

Remove ads