Dungeon Masters' Foundation's Campaign

Dyne

First Post
ChaosEvoker said:
2) Your small longbow is EXACTLY like a shortbow in all aspects except that it costs 45 GP more. Just as a suggestion from your DM that you might want that money back for who knows what.

If I'm not mistaken, she would get a -2 penalty for using a Medium Shortbow since it's one size category off. It might be worth it to shuck out that extra 45 gp.

My character doesn't have much of a history (yet), but I'll put in all the stuff about his personality and whatnot as soon as possible.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
ChaosEvoker said:
@Xen
Can you give me a link to or email me the specs. of the class at chaosevoker@yahoo.com i want to look over this class.

Its in Unearthed Arcana - So it isnt in the SRD or online anywhere
Benifits HD d8, BAB as cleric, Light armor prof, normal spell failure chances
one light or one handed martial weapon + simple weapons
- 1 spell slot per level per day
- 1 spell known for each level, minimum 1 spell per level.
Otherwise identical to standard sorcerer.

and Xens right about the bow.
but I HR weaponsize rules in my home campaign to the the way CE suggested
and will play it either way. In the same vein I was shocked to see a Sorc. with a familiar. I actually checked the books to see.

Dyne

First Post
ChaosEvoker, I'm unsure of how much gp my character will have. I guess I'll assume I rolled average for the Equipment a la Carte?

ChaosEvoker

First Post
You may assume average startign gold or you may rolls for it and post the roll link.

@Evilhalfling
Well using a shortbow and longbow is no different except in size. We'll call it a house rule. ;)
They used to do stuff like that in 3.0 Shortbows in place of small Longbows...it just makes more sence.

Dyne

First Post
Actually, a Small longbow can fire as far as a Medium longbow, which makes no sense. And Bilbo and Frodo used Elven short swords. So, it does make more sense to use the 3.0 rules for weapon sizes.

On another note, shouldn't a Winter Blanket provide some kind of bonus against cold, like a Cold Weather Outfit? I was thinking maybe a +2 bonus.

Another thing: why don't circumstance bonuses stack? Wouldn't it seem that the more things that are in your favor, the better off you are? For example, if you were trying to impersonate a guy, and you just happened to look somewhat like this person as well as have a good disguise kit handy, wouldn't it be better than to just look like the guy or to just have a disguise kit? And both would be circumstance bonuses.

Last edited:

ChaosEvoker

First Post
If you already look like him, the help the disguise kit can give you is very minimal, I think that's the reasoning behind it. A disguise kit doesn't help if your natural features make oyu disguised.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
As cheesy as this may be, i need ot bump up this thread to make it easy for you DMF Guys to find. So there's no purpose for this post other then a mere:

*bump*

Dyne

First Post
Regarding the disguise kit:
If a person has some similar facial features as the person they are trying to impersonate, the disguise kit would help just as much. They might still have to dye their hair, maybe put on a little makeup, etc. I would think you would be better off, even if a little, with both rather than one or the other.

Remove ads