Dungeon Masters' Foundation's Campaign

Dyne

First Post
Nightcloak said:
Alrighty. New server up and ready to roll...

I'll post a character within the day or two and join in.

One question, what is standard point puy now?
I still have the 3.0 DMG and standard is not listed. For 3.5 I use some downloaded PDFs of the SRD and alternate character creation rules are not included.

I guess I will finally have to go out and buy the new DMG (hmpf... mumble... grumble...)

I'm pretty certain that it is in the 3.0 DMG. It should be in the chapter for characters.

Nightcloak

First Post
Dyne said:
I'm pretty certain that it is in the 3.0 DMG. It should be in the chapter for characters.

D'oh!

I saw the table for point buy of nonstandard ability scores only on the first pass.
Obviously, I never actually used them before! :eek:

Really, I've played this game before... :uhoh: :lol:

One character to order!

Nightcloak

First Post
Enter the Cleric

Arathan Lianolan
Male Moon Elf Cleric 1
Chaotic Good

Str 11 (3 pts)
Dex 16 (6 pts) (+2 Elf)
Con 10 (4 pts) (-2 Elf)
Int 10 (2 pts)
Wis 14 (6 pts)
Cha 12 (4 pts)

Hit Points 8 (1d8)
AC 16 (+3 Dex, +3 Armor), Touch 13, Flat 13
Init +3
BAB +0, Grapple +0
Speed 30
Fort +2 (+2 base), Ref +3 (+0 base, +3 dex), Will +3 (+2 base, +2 wis)

+0 Melee, Longsword 1d8/19-20 x2
+3 Ranged, Longbow 1d8/x3

Cleric of Solonor Thelandira
Domains: Elf, War

Speaks common and elvish

Feats:
Point Blank Shot (from Elf Domain)
Weapon focus (Longbow) (from War Domain)
Precise Shot (1st level)

Skills:

5: Diplomacy 4 ranks, +1 charisma
6: Heal 4 ranks, wisdom +2
4: Knowledge (Religion) 4 ranks
6: Listen 4 ranks (cross class), wisdom +2, elf bonus +2
2: Search 0 ranks, elf bonus +2
4: Spot 0 ranks, wisdom +2, elf bonus +2

Equipment: wt 42 lbs, cost 124.5 gp
Current Load: Medium (over 38 lbs.)

Studded Leather 25 gp 20 lbs.
Longbow 75 gp 3 lbs.
40 arrows 2 gp 6 lbs.
Longsword 15 gp 4 lbs.
Holy Symbol, Wooden 1gp
Backpack 2 gp 2 lbs.
1 week rations, 3.5 gp 7 lb.
flint & steel 1 gp

5 sp remaining

Description:
Size: Medium
5’ 3” tall
110 lbs.
pale skin
black hair, long and pulled back and tied
green eyes

Last edited:

Nightcloak

First Post
Meet the Cleric

My history? Well what a great question. I have been often asked, did my love of the bow lead me to the worship of the Archer himself, Solonor Thelandira, or did the devote worship of the Archer lead to my love of the bow? Neithr and both, for all of my 140 years they have been one and the same. The bow is the avatar of the Archer, the drawing of the arrow hymns of praise, the release the prayer, and the impact the benidiction. I find the question in your eyes sad. It is a shame for you to not have such love and closeness to the one you worship. Come, and I'll explain more and bring you the joy that is rightfully yours...

Family? Oh. I'm from the Dalelands. What is the interest everyone places on geography? Home is were the arrow lands. Sure the Dalelands and the High Court are beautiful. But there is much beauty everywere and I would gaze upon it. If I stayed home, then I wouldn't be sharing this drink and delightful conversation with you. So, have you ever shot a bow...

Xen155

First Post
I was born a poor boy in Cormyr. As I grew older I joined the Knights but I soon discovered new talents, I had the ability to manipulate magical energy to my liking. I continued my service to Cormyr for one year befor I relized that I was destined for greater things, I will travel the world spreading good across the land (and maybe making alittle gold while im at it ;) ).

EDIT: I AM NOW A STANDERED WIZARD! ( I now CE, I know but I cant stop.... wizard...)

Attachments

• Magic-Urza.jpg
    Magic-Urza.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Behold! The Mad Lord Cometh!

Mordmorgan "the Mad Lord"
Male Human Rogue 1
Neutral

Str 8 (0 pts)
Dex 14 (6 pts)
Con 10 (2 pts)
Int 16 (10 pts)
Wis 12 (4 pts)
Cha 13 (5 pts)

Hit Points 6 (1d6)
AC 15 (+2 Dex, +3 Armor), Touch 12, Flat 13
Init +2
BAB +0, Grapple +0
Speed 30 ft.
Fort +0 (+0 base), Ref +4 (+2 base, +2 dex), Will +1 (+0 base, +1 wis)

+0 Melee, Rapier 1d6-1/18-20 x2
+2 Ranged, Shortbow 1d6/x3

Speaks common, elvish, and orc

Feats:
Point Blank Shot (Human bonus feat)
Weapon Finesse (1st level feat)

Skills:

Bluff +5 (4 ranks, +1 Cha)
Craft (alchemy) +7 (4 ranks, +3 Int)
Diplomacy +5 (4 ranks, +1 Cha)
Disable Device +7 (4 ranks, +3 Int)
Gather Information +5 (4 ranks, +1 Cha)
Hide +6 (4 ranks, +2 Dex)
Intimidate +5 (4 ranks, +1 Cha)
Move Silently +6 (4 ranks, +2 Dex)
Open Lock +6 (4 ranks, +2 Dex)
Search +7 (4 ranks, +3 Int)
Sense Motive +5 ((4 ranks, +1 Wis)
Tumble +6 (4 ranks, +2 Dex)

Equipment: wt 27 lbs, cost 83.5 gp
Current Load:

Studded Leather 25 gp 20 lbs.
Shortbow 30 gp 2 lbs.
40 arrows 2 gp
Rapier 20 gp 2 lbs.
Backpack 2 gp 2 lbs.
1 week rations, 3.5 gp 1 lb.
flint & steel 1 gp

41 gp, 5 sp remaining

Description:
Size: Thin
6' 3” tall
180 lbs.
bronzed skin
black hair, long and pulled back and tied, trimmed black goatee
black eyes

History:
Ask and ye shall hear the tale of the one known simply as "The Mad Lord", but before thy dost, heed the advice of those who have heard it before ye: "Do not ask".

derbacher

Explorer
OK, I'm in. I tried to post this at 6:45 this morning, but IE crapped out and I had to leave for work! Here's my fighter.

Morex Kathard
Male Human Ftr1
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Strength 16 (10 points)
Dexterity 11 (3 points)
Constitution 12 (4 points)
Intelligence 10 (2 points)
Wisdom 10 (2 points)
Charisma 12 (4 points)

Hit Points: 11(1d10+1)
AC:14 (+4 armor) Flatfooted:14 Touch:10
Initiative: +0
BAB +4, Grapple +4
Speed: 20’ armored, 30’ un-armored
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +0, Will +0

Attacks:
+5 (2d4+4 x2, Chain, spiked)
+1 (1d6 x3, Shortbow)
+4 (1d8+4 x2, Mace, heavy)
+4 (1d3+3, Unarmed strike)

Speaks: Common

Skills: Armored Un-armored Ranks
Balance (Dex)* -4 0
Bluff (Cha) 1 1
Climb (Str)* 1 5 2
Concentration (Con) 1 1
Diplomacy (Cha) 1 1
Disguise (Cha) 1 1
Escape Artist (Dex)* -4 0
Gather Information (Cha) 1 1
Handle Animal (Cha) 3 3 2
Hide (Dex)* -4 0
Intimidate (Cha) 3 3 2
Jump (Str)* -5 5 2
Move Silently (Dex)* -4 0
Perform (Cha) 1 1
Ride (Dex) 2 2 2
Swim (Str)* -3 5 2

Feats:
Fighter armor, shield and weapon Proficiency: All
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Chain, spiked
Quick Draw
Weapon Focus: Chain, spiked.

Equipment: value 125.81 gp
weight 73 lbs. (light, up to 76 lbs.)

Chain, spiked (25 gp 10 lbs.)
Mace, heavy (12 gp 8 lbs.)
Shortbow (30 gp 2 lbs.)
Arrows (20) (1 gp 3 lbs.)
Scale mail (50 gp 30 lbs.).
Backpack (2 gp 2 lbs.)
Bedroll (1 sp 5 lbs.)
Rations, trail (7) (35 sp 7 lbs.)
Waterskin (full) (1 gp 4 lbs.)
Pouch, belt (1 gp .5 lbs.)
Chalk, 1 piece (1 cp)
Sack (2) (2 sp 1 lbs.)
Remaining Coin: 14 gp

Description:
6’ 4” tall
185 lbs.
Dark brown hair worn long, shaggy walrus moustache
Brown eyes

Morex looks older than his 23 years, but that is only because he has seen his share of war. A soldier in the armies that fought against the goblin uprisings in the east, he walks constantly on alert, the spiked chain that he loves to fight with never out of his hands. (Hey, someone ELSE can carry the light!)

Background:
Morex was raised the sixth child of a local sheriff. With no prospects at home and his family hard pressed to make enough to feed all eight children, his lawful nature led him to join the local militia. When the goblins in the east rose up to take over civilized lands, he joined the army of a baron on the borderlands, and quickly showed his natural fighting ability.

Morex became fast friends with another soldier named Kardeck. Kardeck fought with a spiked chain and little armor, trusting his natural speed and agility to protect him. Morex learned the use of the spiked chain from this monk, but preferred his heavier armor, as his mobility and reflexes were only average. Toward the end of the war, Kardeck was brought down by a supposedly dead goblin who was lying in wait with a poisoned dagger. Although Morex slew the little bugger out of hand, there was nothing to be done for Kardeck, as the cleric assigned to their unit was off somewhere, drunk.

After his war experience, Morex wants nothing more than to find enough money to settle down and live comfortably. He is a strong proponent of the lawful way of life, believing that only through proper authority can a person find a peaceful existence.

Morex keeps his chain over his neck, letting the excess drop to the lower part of his back. This leaves about three feet over each shoulder in front, which he wraps around his arms to keep it silent. With his quick draw feat, he need only let his arms hang down to have the chain out and attack in the blink of an eye, and he fights to take his opponents down quickly.

Morex will attempt to disarm, trip, and/or subdue anyone of an obviously lawful bent. (City guards that are mistakenly hassling his friends, local farmers who misunderstood something said in a tavern, and the like.) However, he will show no mercy to humanoids (especially goblins), as he wants them removed from the planet entirely. When his friends insist on capturing humanoids for information, his reply is "They're too stupid to know anything, and they all lie anyway!" Then he whacks them with the chain.

Morex also carries a heavy mace for use against skeletons, a lesson he learned when his unit was attacked by a skeletal troop animated by a goblin necromancer during the war.

Remove ads