DUNGEON of DREAD

Nebulous

Legend
INTRODUCTION:

This was begun on another thread as a simple showcase of images. It evolved into a loose story, and then congealed enough that i thought it warranted a new thread under Story Hour. I rearranged some of the earlier pictures and added new ones to make it flow better. If it's sort of bumpy in the beginning, it is because i never intended this to flow into a real narrative. The scenes and set pieces eventually come together.

Without further ado...

DUNGEON of DREAD

Enter if ye dare...

Nebulous

Legend
Dungeon of Dread

It all started with a map.

treasure map.jpg

But no normal map. A treasure map. A guide to a dwarven city that fell to ruin long, long ago. Buried in a land of hostile rocky peaks and deep, undisturbed lakes, the dwarven hold has remained lost to civilization.

misty.jpg

Now, a hundred years later, several parties of valorous young dwarfs have come to this place to claim glory and gold!

They are willing to risk their lives, but first they'll have to deal with the dark things that fill the gaps and hollows since their forefathers left...and that WON'T be easy...

This is not the pristine, mighty citadel of yore...

dwarfcity.jpg

...but a dank, EVIL dungeon, a place overrun by monsters, by hideous beasts and abominations that shy from the light.

For example...

gricks.jpg

Nebulous

Legend
The statue of THORADIN IRONFIST has seen its share of creatures pass through the gates.

Today is no different...

orcs.jpg

flayers.jpg

Obviously, these adventurers have their work cut out for them!

descent.jpg

Cerulean_Wings

First Post
I like what I see! Minis + dungeon floors = awesomeness.

Is this a story hour of sorts aided with pictures, I take it? An interesting idea :)

Who's the owner of all those minis and flooring, though? That first batch of pictures probably equals to a 3 digit number of $ spent to buy 'em :eek:

Remove ads