Dungeon of the Fire Opal, part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalon Odessa

First Post
'Your contempt for my faith is truly pitiful, fell one. As you show nothing but disdain for all things just and lawful, you deserve no mercy from those whom you have wronged, only contempt.'

Jalon once more unsheathes his blade, utters a quick yet grim-sounding prayer, and proceeds to run the witch through.

Sollir closes his eyes from what ensues, "By the way, what happened to that imp?"

(Sollir will tap anyone underneath 1/3 their hit points with first a bless spell converted into a cure spell, and then with his wand if necessary, healing Ubaar first)

Last edited:

Taz

First Post
Taz shudders. “Ouch! I guess that answers my question.”

The halfling then casts a detect magic spell and scans the witch and the surroundings.

HeavyG

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Sollir closes his eyes from what ensues, "By the way, what happened to that imp?"

(Sollir will tap anyone underneath 1/3 their hit points with first a bless spell converted into a cure spell, and then with his wand if necessary, healing Ubaar first)

Sollir heals Ubaar with a spell. Then, seeing that he's still very badly wounded, he taps him with his wand.

The battle rage then stops, leaving Ubaar winded.

New status of the party :

(S) Sollir Furryfoot : Hp(15/15)
(M) Murhid : Hp (6/15) 4 points of dexterity damage. Poisoned. Has drunk his healing potion while out of sight.
(T) Taz : Hp (11/13),
Sheela : Hp (6/6),
(I) Ivellios Nailo : Hp (9/23)
(U) Ubaar : Hp (7/21), Endure fire (12 hours), 2 points of dexterity damage, 2 points of subdual damage
(K) Kytess : Hp (15/20) Endure fire (12 hours)
(J) Jalon Odessa : Hp (12/17) Endure fire (12 hours)

Jalon cleanly kills the witch.

Taz said:
Taz shudders. “Ouch! I guess that answers my question.”

The halfling then casts a detect magic spell and scans the witch and the surroundings.

Taz focuses on the witch. She can see the aura of two spells on her body (alteration and abjuration magic). Also, her cloak has a magical aura (Taz can't tell more precisely, tho), and so does her wand (evocation - of course).

Besides that, she has her medallion and a dagger. There's also a leather case strapped to her thigh that seems to contain a book.

(With that thing out of the way, be sure to check out the OOC thread.)

Taz

First Post
Taz guesses the alteration spell to be levitation, but what might the other one be... hmmm... protection from arrows...

“Her cloak radiates some magic! The medaillon was only a focus to her unholy powers, I suppose.”

Taz secures the cloak and the leather case with the book.

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Jalon looks upon Taz's actions with a sneer of slight disdain.

'You may do as you wish, lady Taz, but I shant lay a finger on that witches infernal property. To do so would be at your own peril - I shudder to guess their foul origin.''

Taz

First Post
“The only item of foul origin might be that medaillon! And this book...” Taz shows the leather case to Jalon “...probably contains her magical knowledge! Might be an interesting read, actually! Maybe we find out some more about her infernal doings, this way!”

Murhid

First Post
"Yes, good thinking Taz, see if you can read it."

Murhid then looks around.
"The opal cannot move, but we can. Best if we get it, eh?"

Doppleganger

First Post
The elf leans on his bow.

"But... maybe it can move? It could be getting away right now! You're right fisted-one, best if we go get it!"

Ivellios turns to the lawman.

"What does one do with a dead witch's body anyway? Do we burn her corpse to keep it dead for good, bury her body, or just leave her for the carrion birds to munch on?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads