• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon of the Fire Opal, part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Taz said:
“I'll try to find out some more about the witches doings with her journal. It's a little hard to read, but I make progress. If you want to go on, just tell me, I can continue to decipher it in the evening!”

Kytess sighs.

Walking over to Murhid, Kytess tries to examine Murhid's wounds.

"Are you alright? Are you well enough to fight?"

Kytess quickly consults her woefuly inadaquate medical skills. She wishes, in times like this, that she'd recieved more instruction than "cover the wound and press hard."

Doppleganger

First Post
Ivellios peers over the halfling's shoulder for a moment then shrugs his shoulders, "It's all Grick to me!"

He passes the time by continuing to guard the perimeter while the others ponder over the loot.

He does a quick check for tracks, trying to find out what else has been around here recently.

After circling the area, he returns and scampers back up the partially ruined wall, trying to spot anything unusual in the distance.

Last edited:

Murhid

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
"Are you alright? Are you well enough to fight?"

"Nay worry, the witch's magic has left little blood, just scorched skin.

I can still fight.

Although I cannot place my feet as well as before..." Murhid tries to straighten up, pulling at his coat.

"I wonder how much longer this 'burning' is going to take" Murhid takes a seat on a large rock, satisfied he has helped enough with the fire wood.

"Well are we going back to town or what? Oh nevermind, take your time, i'll just take a nap."

Sollir finds a bit of shade and dozes off a little, having a light sleep while waiting for the others to translate, pray to the elven god, while he's having a peaceful reverie...

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ubaar collapses of exhaustion, and falls into a post-combat stupor, deep in commune with his higher power.

The ease with which he is getting close-to-death is worrying Ubaar about his long-term survivability in service to Uthgar.

He'll see if he can finagle a bit more power out of his faith...

OOC: After leveling, he'll also cast a CLW in place of Shield of Faith (thereby removing the subdual damage as well)
Or alternatively, have that be his granted spell for the day (I'm almost positive he'll advance as a cleric)

HeavyG

First Post
There's plenty of old wood debris lying around, so the witch is soon lying on a pile of wooden planks.

The hilltop is a quiet place, without much wind and animals seem to avoid the place, from the look of it.

reapersaurus said:
OOC: After leveling, he'll also cast a CLW in place of Shield of Faith (thereby removing the subdual damage as well)
Or alternatively, have that be his granted spell for the day (I'm almost positive he'll advance as a cleric)

You'll have to rest and meditate before gaining your new spell slots, of course. So Shield of Faith it is. Ubaar regains 7 hit points and the subdual damage.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Murhid said:
"Nay worry, the witch's magic has left little blood, just scorched skin.

I can still fight.

Although I cannot place my feet as well as before..." Murhid tries to straighten up, pulling at his coat.

"I'm glad to hear it. I was worried for a moment."

Kytess hurriedly continues:

"That is, I wouldn't want to risk another encounter with our fighter disabled."

Kytess looks around and notices Taz reading, Sollir sleeping, and Ubaar in a heap on the ground.

"This is the sorriest group of misfits I've ever..." she trails off.

"I suppose I'll take 'watch'."

[]iKytess paces back and forth, watching carefully for anyone (anything?) that comes upon the group. She absentmindedly twirls the haft of her sword.[/i]

Taz

First Post
Taz looks up from her book, disturbed by Kytess' rumblings.

“Ivellios volunteered to stand guard already! And Sheela is also keeping a watchful eye on the surroundings. I doubt any of us can compare with her keen senses!”

She then continues to decipher the readings... until the group moves on.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Taz said:
“Ivellios volunteered to stand guard already! And Sheela is also keeping a watchful eye on the surroundings. I doubt any of us can compare with her keen senses!”

"An over-impulsive elf and a bird? No thank you, I'll keep watch."

Kytess looks uneasily at Sheela.

Murhid

First Post
Murhid smiles at Kytess's comment concerning 'our fighter'.
"The wind is strong, maybe, but the metal conquers."

"Kytess when you are done wake me and I'll take the next watch."

Murhid then lays down on a small clearing of grass, some distance away from the fire, though still within its light radius, closes his eyes, and waits till sleep arrives.

OOC: Has Jalon lit the fire? And about what time is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads