• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
(round 7)

Still tingling with the supernatural charge of Rejik's god granting him life, Bartleby's judgement is not what it was, and, he turns to the remaining Hobgoblin.

"We don't need to do this, you know. We can stop any time. Drop your weapon and you can live", he promises. His friends, of course hear none of this. "Meep ba-di'ip 'imbo 'imbo deep."

Does the hobgoblin hesitate? No, he needs to feel fear first. He's too proud, and Bartleby moves forward and stands in the captain's way.

"Drop it, now. Or I put you down." Pa-deep. Men. Pa-deep di'an.

The dwarf steps up blocking the on comer's path, and swings.

OOC: 1d20+4=24 Crit! (woo!).

Awesome. So damage = 6+3+1d6=10. Ha.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
With his allies joining his assault on the chieftain, Tock takes a moment, guarding himself with the shaft of his halberd. When their foe shifts focus to one of his companions for a moment, he strikes quickly, making use of the opening in the Hobgoblin's defences.

Attack with halberd, 1d20+4 = 19
Damage 1d10+3 = 13

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4363565/

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
With all his allies now concentrated on the chieftain, Tock takes a moment, guarding himself with the shaft of his halberd. When their foe shifts focus to one of his allies for a moment, he strikes quickly, making use of the opening in the Hobgoblin's defences.

Attack with halberd, 1d20+4 = 19
Damage 1d10+3 = 13

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4363565/

There is still one hobgoblin guard (the last "archer") plus the chieftain. Which one are you targetting with your attack?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Same clarification needed from you as well... are you attacking the Hobgoblin Chieftain or the last hobgoblin archer?

OOC: Sorry -- in my mind it was clear! I was aiming at the chief as well. (I think I typed "remaining" when I meant "advancing"). sorry!

Li Shenron

Legend
Round 7 summary:

With a concentrated effort, Tock and Bartleby assault the Hobgoblin Chief and strike him almost simultaneously. The chieftain grins with pain but doesn't utter a sound, despite now copiously bleeding from the severe wounds. He staggers, but doesn't fall yet...

Bartleby 19
Sulannus 19 (-2 dmg from full HP) << your turn
Hobgoblins 13 (slightly wounded)
Aeiyan 10 (-6 dmg from full HP)
Rejik 9
Hobgoblin Chief 8 (severely wounded)
Tock 7

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Gah, so sorry everyone. Switching to my tablet over the weekend meant I lost my place in most of my games! Not to mention I didn't have nearly as much time as I thought I would... Enough excuses though! Onward!)

Stopping herself from fleeing out the cave and running back to civilization was the hardest thing Sulannus had ever done. Harder than running away from home in the first place. Every animal instinct in her body screamed at her to flee. The wretches she'd brought with her would only delay that ogre for seconds. Their sacrifice would buy her the time to get away! To live!

She trotted to a halt though, and had to prop herself up against the cavern wall, head bowed forward as if a weight was perched on her shoulders, and breathing as hard as someone who'd been running a marathon. She felt sick. She felt like she was going to die.

If I go back now, like this...I'll never get away again. I'll be a laughingstock. I'll embarrass the whole family. And... The faces of the others in the expedition appeared in her mind's eye. ...if I can't honor them, how can I ever expect anyone else to honor me?

The focusing crystal from her bag was still in her hand. Smooth facets and hard edges, like it was made from tiny blades. If she gripped it any harder, would it break? Or slice her hand?

When Sulannus whirled around, the motion had none of her unstudied elvish grace. It looked like she was on strings, jerky and unwilling. Terror still swam in her eyes, but her mouth was set in an angry grimace.

Her hand shook as she raised the focusing crystal and took aim at the giant shape in shadows beyond. The stone lit up from within with blue-white light, that then shone out in a clear beam, angling over the battlefield to draw a streak of frostbite across the chieftain's hide, and patter little snowflakes over her allies.

[sblock=rolls]16 to hit Physical Defense, for 6 damage.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4375389/[/sblock]

Li Shenron

Legend
The luminous beam of frost leaves Sulannus' hand and enters the inner cave, slightly illuminating and freezing the surrounding air, and leaving a faint trace behind. As it travels across the battle through the clashing weapons and shields, barely and almost miraculously dodging each of the fighters, it makes time itself seem to slow down.

The hobgoblin chieftain is raising his massive longspear for the next attack, when the magical ray hits him square on the chest, the unnatural cold spreading instantly through his chain mail armor and freezing the blood pouring from his wounds first. In a split second, it gets inside his flesh and bones, marrows and brain. The hobgoblin doesn't have time to scream or utter a word, but perhaps to think. At the very last instant, a serene smile almost appears at one edge of his mouth, as his whole body grinds to a halt in frosty death.

"Thorogh, no..." the last standing hobgoblin archer bursts in tears and drops to her kneels before the frozen statue, letting her own spear fall from her hands and roll away to one side. "My son, my last son..."

[OoC: you can continue with the same initiative order if you want to do some offensive action quickly, or you can act freely out of the initiative order now]

Remove ads