• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

tuxgeo

Adventurer
After Aeiyan had kept watch for four hours (and perhaps a little more), listening for movement or odd sounds while looking around with his darkvision, he had been relieved on watch by another member of the party.* He then found a quiet corner and tranced for four hours, returning to normal consciousness and perception at the end of that time, rested and ready for another day.

Being careful not to wake any straggling sleepers, he made his way over to where Bartleby had been working on opening chests, finding and retrieving his dagger and the light hammer he had lent for the task. While there, he took a cursory look at the exposed contents of any boxes which had been successfully opened, if he could see such; and made a mental note to ask the druid how it went when the latter awoke.

*[OOC: I'm thinking it doesn't matter who took Aeiyan's place on watch. The most efficient would be Sulannus, who could have completed her trance during the four hours of Aeiyan's watch without interrupting anyone else's rest period; but that's hardly a significant detail.]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"We left the stone boxes as they were for now, but we did get into the wooden ones..." says Bartleby, proceeding to describe the contents.

Li Shenron

Legend
You spent an hour or so to crack the wooden boxes open carefully, trying to minimize the damage. You had to effectively break the boxes and render them useless, but at least you managed not to affect the content inside, which is quite a value in fine jewelry (at least several hundreds of gp altogether, judging at first sight) of various origins. These clearly look like they were the lady's own personal set, and definitely of fairly high-class level.

wedgeski

Adventurer
...after giving his description, Bartleby smiles widely and holds up the jewels for all to see.
"Nice work. Nice haul. Now if everyone's had their breakfast, I'd like to get out of the nasty room with all the dead people in?" He smiles at the others, hauling his armour and equipment into place.

Shayuri

First Post
Sulannus looks over from where she's admiring the jewels. It wasn't that they were particularly wonderful compared to the ones she'd seen already...but they were welcome little pieces of better times. A comfort in this dark, dangerous place.

"Yes, get everything together and we'll move on. Scout, which way will lead us to the treasure room the fastest?"

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Aeiyan replies to Rejik, "I have eaten all the wrapped bread I need for now. I'm saving the jerky and hardtack for later, because they stay good longer." He draws out a torch, finishes asjusting his gear, then lights the torch (in his left hand) and looks ready to set out.

"If by 'Scout' you mean me," he adds to Sulannus, "I'm afraid I don't know the lay of any chambers past this one. I think Bartleby has taken a look a short way ahead; shall we all go exploring?" He draws his scimitar (right hand) and looks around, seeking a promising-looking direction to travel.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I think we all look alike to her," explained Bartleby with a note of pity in his voice. "She can't have meant me either when she mentioned the scout, but perhaps her common isn't as fluent as we've assumed."

He's teasing a bit with this, but not entirely.

Remove ads