Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
With his allies busy sweeping the tomb chamber for any other clues or treasure, Tock takes it upon himself to investigate the western exit, where the opened door is.

Cautiously, he moves closer to the doorway. Keeping mostly to one side, he peers around the edge of the doorway and holds his lantern aloft, peering ahead into the darkness.

"What might we find over here...?" he says quietly to himself.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Rejik helps the others re-seal the last sarcophagus then joins Tock at the western exit and pokes his head around the door. "Anything?", he whispers.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[OOC: Bartleby had scouted past the room with the 3 sealed sarcophagi into another room, where he found an open sarcophagus containing shreds of black clerical robes and the remains of sandals. That open western door might be the way he took to the place where he found that.]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Having inspected the alcoves and learned what he could of their contents, Aeiyan pauses before joining the rest of the party near the western door.

He takes the three ornate weapons out of his pack again and lays them on the floor next to the sarcophagus from which he took them. "These may be worth something to a museum," he comments, "but I don't want to brush against them accidentally when I rummage around in my pack for something else."

He shrugs his pack onto his back again, then joins the others heading west.

Li Shenron

Legend
He stores those items in his pack; then by torchlight he starts examining the intact items in the alcoves, with short glances at the shards or remains of the broken items on the floor near them.

Most of those items are broken and appear to have been funerary or household ornaments. There are a few small vases and statues intact, but nothing seems to be of particular value.

Shayuri

First Post
"I expected the treasures to be in the tombs," Sulannus says irritably. "Or in a secret door or something in the tombs. Now I have no idea where to look next."

She taps a delicate, soft finger on the nearby sarcophagus.

"There could still be one though. A secret door or something. We've only been looking at the treasures."

wedgeski

Adventurer
Rejik is finding it hard to disguise his impatience. "Can we just move on, please? There's enough to explore right in front of our noses before worrying about secret caches of gold. We can come back and investigate later."

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Aeiyan joins the others in entering the room to the west, and investigating its contents by torchlight--or whatever other light sources might be in use.

"People do crazy things," he agrees. "Some of them might even hide their wealth in unlikely places." He looks into the open sarcophagus that Bartleby already looked at.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bartleby is intrigued when the scimitars are found -- his curved blade is in its place on his hip, but her moves and tries the weapon out, testing its balance, and noting anything unusual about it. If he sees nothing out of the ordinary, or senses nothing else, he's happy to carry them. But then he looks up, and noting Rejik's impatience, Bartleby prepares to move.

OOC: Thanks for the cover, tuxgeo!

Li Shenron

Legend
Aeiyan joins the others in entering the room to the west, and investigating its contents by torchlight--or whatever other light sources might be in use.

The second room is apparently lacking the decorations and funerary arrangements of the previous. There is nothing else inside the sarcophagus besides the remaining scraps of cloth and sandal, but it's impossible to tell if something else was here previously, since it's been opened and the corpse has been removed.

Sulannus can see that the protection carvings she noticed on the other three sarcophagi are not found on this one.

Remove ads