• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

wedgeski

Adventurer
Coughing in the acrid smoke, Rejik squints through the haze at the three centipedes that seen to be digging in the sand on the other side of the room. He doesn't like that behaviour one bit, and so raises his warhammer to do some damage.

[OOC: Rejik moves across the room to strike at the centipedes that left Bartleby alone. He will use his War Priest ability to get two attacks, both on the same centipede if one hit isn't enough to kill it:

1d20+4=19, 1d20+4=17

Nice! Damage:

1d8+2=10, 1d8+2=3]

[OOC 2: Rejik is now fully PHB'd in the Player Characters thread]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Caught ill-prepared for the rapidity of the start of combat, Aeiyan raises his light hammer for a throw, then reconsiders.

"Get out from under them," he advises nobody in particular. He moves past Sulannus and Bartleby to get a good throwing angle at the centipedes in the corner, which Rejik has already attacked. He keeps to the side where a throw would be less likely to hit Rejik, and throws his hammer at one of the still-moving creatures (i.e. not the one or two that Rejik already attacked).

1d20+3;1d4+2 -> [11,3] = (14)
1d20+3;1d4+2 -> [4,2] = (6)

Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4621401/
BBCode 1d20+3=14, 1d4+2=6

That done, Aeiyan draws his other light hammer and half-turns toward the middle of the room again. "How are we doing? Next choices?" he asks the others.

Li Shenron

Legend
Coughing in the acrid smoke, Rejik squints through the haze at the three centipedes that seen to be digging in the sand on the other side of the room. He doesn't like that behaviour one bit, and so raises his warhammer to do some damage.

As you approach the cowering centipedes in the corner, you notice they... have somehow written something in the dust on the floor: "w... r... humn".

Do you stop or continue to attack?

wedgeski

Adventurer
As you approach the cowering centipedes in the corner, you notice they... have somehow written something in the dust on the floor: "w... r... humn".

Do you stop or continue to attack?

Rejik stops, has war-hammer arrested mid-swing. "What the--?"

Aware and ready for the centipedes to attack him, he squints at the writing, and can't help but see the word "human".

"Aeiyan, wait! Wait! Something weird's going on here!"

[OOC: I'm guessing that's the entirety of Rejik's action this round.]

Li Shenron

Legend
"Get out from under them," he advises nobody in particular. He moves past Sulannus and Bartleby to get a good throwing angle at the centipedes in the corner, which Rejik has already attacked. He keeps to the side where a throw would be less likely to hit Rejik, and throws his hammer at one of the still-moving creatures (i.e. not the one or two that Rejik already attacked).

[OoC: You can declare new actions if you want now that Rejik has also stopped attacking]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[OoC: You can declare new actions if you want now that Rejik has also stopped attacking]

[OOC: If this means that I get to revise Aeiyan's stated attack, then please replace his throwing of a light hammer with something else, such as this -- ]

"Bawlls Fnordley?" Aeiyan asks in confusion. He looks questioningly at Rejik, then also at the scratching on the floor. While keeping his light hammer poised to strike, he says to the rest of the group, "something strange may be going on here. These vermin might be shapeshifted, though I know not how."

[OOC: Yeah, I'm with Aeiyan on this one: "I know not how." Awakened centipedes? (Polymorph only lasts an hour, if I understand correctly.)]

wedgeski

Adventurer
"Bawlls Fnordley?"

[OOC "Huh?" wedgeski asks in confusion. Am I missing an in-joke here?]

[OOC: Yeah, I'm with Aeiyan on this one: "I know not how." Awakened centipedes? (Polymorph only lasts an hour, if I understand correctly.)]

[OOC: Some kind of curse, I'm thinking, but whoever thought this one up is eviiiil! Either that or Rejik is being massively -- and successfully -- duped!]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[OOC "Huh?" wedgeski asks in confusion. Am I missing an in-joke here?] . . .

[OOC: Not so much an in-joke as the mere fact that Aeiyan is so confused that he's no longer making sense. Of course, I stole the "fnord" part of that phrase from the Illuminatus! novel series by Robert Shea & Robert Anton Wilson, and from the "Illuminati" game from Steve Jackson Games.]

Last edited:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Tock relaxes his grip on his halberd as the rest of the group ponder the strangely literate centipedes.

"Shape... shifted...? So these insects are not as they seem?" he asks confusedly. Creatures that appear like other creatures? Tock had never heard of such a thing. What kind of magic could change a man or beast in such a way?

Stowing his weapon over his back, he moves over to the insects in the corner. He kneels, and cautiously lowers an open hand towards them, seeing if they will crawl onto it without biting him.

"Let's see if they mean us any harm..." he says to his companions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads