• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[Aeiyan's initiative roll -- couldn't have been any worse :] ]

1d20+3 -> [1,3] = (4)
Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4613322/
BBCode 1d20+3=4

[OOC: In order to get the 2nd-level characters posted to the PLAYER CHARACTERS thread, how about this: ask Shayuri, Kobold Stew, wedgeski, and Jimmy Disco T (and Warren LaFrance?) to post their newer, updated (i.e. 2nd-level versions) as comments to that (linked) thread. After they do so, edit the original entries for their characters to be blank except to say, [Character Name] "See newer entry below." -- That way, we can be sure each player can edit his or her PC's entry again later.]

Li Shenron

Legend
[OOC: In order to get the 2nd-level characters posted to the PLAYER CHARACTERS thread, how about this: ask Shayuri, Kobold Stew, wedgeski, and Jimmy Disco T (and Warren LaFrance?) to post their newer, updated (i.e. 2nd-level versions) as comments to that (linked) thread. After they do so, edit the original entries for their characters to be blank except to say, [Character Name] "See newer entry below." -- That way, we can be sure each player can edit his or her PC's entry again later.]

Sure!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[sblock="OOC"]
So -- first off, apologies for not yet having a modern druid. for various reasons (long story) I won't have my PHB until Friday. I can do it then.

That means, however, that I don't have an attack cantrip relevant, though I think there will be one on Friday (someone mentioned Produce Flame?). I'm fine with that, but it means two possibilities for the surprise round:

1. Casting Entangle on the ceiling. I don't have a modern description of the spell (someone can check)
The play test version said "a point on the ground" -- I don't know if the ceiling counts. If it does, then the thought of vines growing out of the ceiling preventing things falling on us sounds awesome to me, and so that's what Bartleby will do (with the centipedes falling as they break free). If that's not cool, though, then....

2. Bartleby can use his surprise round action to run out of the room, shouting "Quick get back! It s a trap!"

I'm fine with either result, and hope to have an updated character soon.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
[sblock="OOC"]1. Casting Entangle on the ceiling. I don't have a modern description of the spell (someone can check)
The play test version said "a point on the ground" -- I don't know if the ceiling counts. If it does, then the thought of vines growing out of the ceiling preventing things falling on us sounds awesome to me, and so that's what Bartleby will do (with the centipedes falling as they break free). If that's not cool, though, then....
[/sblock]

[sblock="OOC"]I've seen Entangle been handled in different ways in past editions, most of the times either going by the RAW as strictly as possible, or going by the narrative and require some vegetation to be there already in place.

In this case, the ceiling is full of mold (not technically a veggie, but close enough for our purposes), so actually I think it makes sense that your Druid can try to grow the mold to entangle the giant centipedes. Maybe as a compromise I'll give them advantage on the saving throw?

And since you won initiative in the surprise round, you can of course also shout the warning and move back to the door.[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Hearing the skittering above him, Bartleby looks up and instinctually passes his scimitar to his shield hand. The dwarf wiggles the fingers of his hand as he calls on the mould on the ceiling to grow. Tentacles appear and encompass the centipedes above him, entangling and holding them to the ceiling, he hopes.

As the tendrils extend some centipedes attempt to escape their grasp and fall but are caught by the fingerlike bands. "Bugs on the roof," he says to the others.

Bartleby holds his ground, staring up at the writhing macabre chandelier he has made.

Remove ads