• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

wedgeski

Adventurer
Rejik advances with his comrades, weapon at the ready. At the sight of the doors he taps Tock on the shoulder (unsure even if he can feel it), points at the slightly open door, and shrugs.

Shayuri

First Post
Sulannus follows quietly, her almond-eyes open wide. The silence of the old halls is all the heavier for the noise they just made. Sunbolt, perched on her arm, cawps irritably as he looks around. Not terribly fond of the enclosed space, perhaps.

She pauses when the others do and spies the door that hangs ajar.

"Should we look in there first?" she asks in a whisper.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Tock half turns his head, and nods silently to Rejik and Sulannus.

With one hand ready to reach for his weapon, he slowly pushes the door open further with the other, just enough so that he can carefully peek around the door and into the room beyond...

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Seeing the others ready at the door that is ajar, Aeiyan follows in their direction. He sheaths his scimitar and, holding his torch with his left hand, draws one of his light hammers with his right. "Back to using ranged attacks," he explains to anyone listening.

He positions himself in the hallway so his torchlight shines through the partly-open doorway into the room beyond.

Li Shenron

Legend
With one hand ready to reach for his weapon, he slowly pushes the door open further with the other, just enough so that he can carefully peek around the door and into the room beyond...

He positions himself in the hallway so his torchlight shines through the partly-open doorway into the room beyond.

While you can't see much yet from this position, at first sight the room looks mostly empty, except for a large stone slab in the middle. There is something on it tho, and your instincts tell you immediately that it looks like a body.

[OoC: when you have completed your characters updates, remember to add/edit them in our campaign's group page, so that I have your latest Perception and Insight scores, as I am sometimes using passive perception or rolling some hidden checks for you.]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[OOC: I trust that we are intended to update our PCs to 2nd level in this thread (linked) in the Dungeon Raiders group.
My post containing Aeiyan is at the bottom of that thread, and I last updated him to 2nd level on 5 July 2014.

(Sulannus is first-listed, followed by Bartleby, Rejik, and 'Tock', then Aeiyan last.)]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Ah, thanks for that link! I have Su updated at home, but lost track of the place to post them! No change in skills though at 2nd level, I believe, so it's all good for now)

Sulannus edges into the room cautiously and moves the dim lights of her cantrip over the body to get a better look at it, and the slab it rests on.

Li Shenron

Legend
Sulannus edges into the room cautiously and moves the dim lights of her cantrip over the body to get a better look at it, and the slab it rests on.

Your spell illuminates the corpse on the stone slab. It looks like the human skeleton of a fairly large person in black chain mail, still grasping a long sword to one side. You can see something protrude from the other side, probably a shield. There is also some sort of small parchment placed directly on the skeleton's chest.

Li Shenron

Legend
Bartleby advances to try and read the parchment, being careful not to touch anything.

You approach the slab paying attention not to touch anything. While doing so, you take a glance at the surrounding walls and notice they are covered in paintings of crude and vicious battles, with black-armored warriors attacking barely armed peasants. You walk up to the skeletal corpse, and read the scroll. You don't need to touch it since it's open. It is written in large gothic letters:

"Scavengers for leisure
here be your treasure
as vermins are all thieves
a vermin you shall be!"

A few bits of mold or powder drops from above. Make a Wisdom(Perception) check.

Also, everyone make an Initiative roll.

Remove ads