• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Tiles - an appreciative note

jcfiala

Explorer
I'm really fond of WotC's Dungeon Tiles - I've got one set of the basic, and two sets of the arcane. It's a great mixture of basic room tiles and interesting features, and the pieces are sturdy enough for regular use. I started using the pieces to lay out map segments for the Shackled City, and after a little thought I found the areas working out quickly.

But one other thing I learned - you can draw on the tiles with wet erase markers and wipe them off easily without damaging the tile. I don't know if that was intended, but I drew on one of the portcullus tiles with the black marker, and even after leaving it overnight the markings wiped off easily the next day.

That's going to make it even easier to represent odd rooms, strange features, and doors.

EDIT: Some colors, especially Red, Blue, Purple, do not wipe off well, and sometimes black leaves a trace of darkness behind. Mark tiles in moderation.

Last edited:

JustKim

First Post
I have some Dungeon Tiles, but I've never drawn on them because I'd heard that they don't wipe off, or don't wipe off well. But yeah, they are a great value. I bought duplicates.

I bought 2 of the first set and I plan to get 2 of each set that is released from now on. When the 3rd set is finally released (I believe it was delayed) I'll order a couple each of sets 2 and 3.

They should also work together nicely with the Skeleton Key Games e-tiles that bought and have printed out.

Olaf the Stout

RichGreen

Adventurer
Olaf the Stout said:
I bought 2 of the first set and I plan to get 2 of each set that is released from now on. When the 3rd set is finally released (I believe it was delayed) I'll order a couple each of sets 2 and 3.

Olaf the Stout

Hi,

Orc's Nest in London haven't had either Set 2 (which was meant to have come out in November) or Set 3 (January) by the time I went on holiday last week. Has anyone in the UK managed to get hold of either of these sets? They are very cool.

Richard

Firedancer

First Post
I've brought quite a few 0one games tiles, really quite like them, esp printing the corridors time and again for massive areas.

I've been reluctant to buy the wizard ones as I'm not sure what tiles are in each set; would I get proper use out of them? Is there a link or site showing the contents? I have the same issue with the fantastic locations.

Ant

First Post
I'm a big fan of Wizard's Dungeon Tiles. Very well made, nice to look at and very versatile. I just took Gaming Group Beta through DCCs The Mysterious Tower and used a combination of (mostly) dungeon tiles and free downloads and samples. Looking forward to the next set.

So far I've picked up 2 of the first set and 3 of the second set. I'll probably grab 3 of the next set because it has 45 degree corners. Corners, people! It's insane!

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Firedancer said:
I've been reluctant to buy the wizard ones as I'm not sure what tiles are in each set; would I get proper use out of them? Is there a link or site showing the contents? I have the same issue with the fantastic locations.
Fantastic Locations show, IIRC, the map on the back of the packaging, if you can find one in your FLGS.
For the tiles: Look here. The allows you to play around with the tiles - you can even state the number and type of sets you possess, and it supports both sides of the tiles, so you can see what is in each set.

Firedancer

First Post
Thomas, those are nice. I like the fact you've put shots up on the demo (tomb of the damned), so can see what you get for your money. And more on your website too.

Next time I DM and need some tiles I shall look up "the forge studios".

Firedancer

First Post
Lord Tirian, thanks very much, thats a really cool tool. Shall have a look see.
Now you see, the problem with where I live is that FLGS are very few and far between, most of my purchases are from the web.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads