• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Tiles Q

Markn

First Post
OK, this is bugging me. The tiles with doors have the doors in the centre of square as opposed to putting the door along the squares edge. Why is that? I have yet to see a module with a door in the centre of the square.

Other than that, these things are fantastic!

Shadowslayer

Explorer
heh...you're right. Maybe you're meant to lay the door tile between rooms...to represent a sort of alcove with a door in it. Thats all I can think of.

Maybe if these dungeon tiles really take off, Wizards can make some stand-up doors sort of like the ones in the old HeroQuest game. (I've still got some and they see pretty regular use for D&D.) Maybe a pack of dungeon accessories, like doors, chests, caskets, skulls etc. That'd be cool.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
My question regarding Dungeon Tiles:

Will WotC do what Dwarven Forge has been promising for years to do (with Master Maze), and put up a web-tool for building dungeons?

You'd be able to select the sets you own, and how many of each. Then, along the borders, it'd show your "inventory" of pieces, which you could drag one by one to the main grid for building. Then you could print the result. It would be important, on screen and hard copy, for the different pieces to have distinct borders, for ease in rebuilding them "live."

"Sample dungeons" are fine, but for Dungeon Tiles to really save me time -- and thus be worth the money -- I need an efficient way to assemble them. And that means some kind of on-line tool.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Oh, and has anybody tested these with water-soluble markers, dry-erase markers, and permanent markers? My guess is that permanent markers won't work (as the tiles are likely porous), but I have no clue on the other two.

Shadowslayer

Explorer
Jeff Wilder said:
Oh, and has anybody tested these with water-soluble markers, dry-erase markers, and permanent markers? My guess is that permanent markers won't work (as the tiles are likely porous), but I have no clue on the other two.

That'd be a big fat no on the wet-erase. I sacrificed a little piece to find that out. The black came off but the red soaked right in within 5 minutes. I'd imagine the black would soak in if you let it sit too. This was with a normal run-of-the-mill wet erase pen.

Maybe a white grease pencil...if you really had to.

Markn

First Post
Shadowslayer said:
heh...you're right. Maybe you're meant to lay the door tile between rooms...to represent a sort of alcove with a door in it. Thats all I can think of.

Maybe if these dungeon tiles really take off, Wizards can make some stand-up doors sort of like the ones in the old HeroQuest game. (I've still got some and they see pretty regular use for D&D.) Maybe a pack of dungeon accessories, like doors, chests, caskets, skulls etc. That'd be cool.

I use those old HeroQuest things too!

Shadowslayer

Explorer
Markn said:
I use those old HeroQuest things too!

I only use the doors, but I use em a lot. They're an extremely useful tool for this "tabletop dungeon" style of play.

If they don't want to release andy dungeon dressing kits, maybe they could include doors and chests as common minis...and call them Mimics. :p

Markn

First Post
Shadowslayer said:
I only use the doors, but I use em a lot. They're an extremely useful tool for this "tabletop dungeon" style of play.

If they don't want to release andy dungeon dressing kits, maybe they could include doors and chests as common minis...and call them Mimics. :p

Don't laugh! After seeing the Living Spell double as a "flaming sphere" I can see that happening in the future! :D

I also use the weapon rack, the crypt and fireplace from time to time as well.

Lucias

First Post
When Mage Knight Dungeons went under I took the opportunity to buy a huge lot of treasure chest on the cheap.

I think I have over 50. All perfect size for D&D!

Remove ads