• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon tiles

Dpulse303

Meat head
Does anyone know of a company that makes quality dungeon tiles.I have looked at all the cardboard stuff and its not realy what im after,now im sure some of you are thinking buy some plasticard and make your own,but b'tween painting minis and gaming i dont got the time (and im lazy).D

Voobaha

First Post
There are a bunch of companies:

Steve Jackson Games has compiled all their cardboard heroes line of cardboard PCs, Monsters Dungeon tiles and Cavern Tiles in 3 spiral bound books for about $20 each. You just cut out and place.

Dwarven Forge is at the opposite end of the spectrum. If you're willing to shill out about $300 for the complete sets, they sell hefty boxes of hand painted resin dungeon tiles w/walls, special features and specialty rooms. These look spectacular, but the walls are kinda high--if figures fall over it's hard to pick them up (if you have big fingers like me).

Aintsy is a hard-to-contact company in England that makes moderately priced resin D&D and Sci Fi dungeon tiles.

There's some companies out there that make HIGH quality 3-D cardstock sets (I forgot their names) sold as PDF files. There's another company that sells molds for you to cast your own cheap resin tiles (I forgot that name too--sorry).

IMHO, your BEST BET is the new, reasonably priced 3-D Dungeon Tiles put out by Wiz Kids for Mage Knight Dungeons. They look great, are slightly larger than 25mm scale, clip together easily, come with walls and doors, and special traps and features.

There are 3-4 trap and dungeon dressing sets for about $15 each. The Tile sets are $30 each and come with: 36 floor tiles, 24 walls, 4 wooden doors and 4 iron doors. There are about 8 traps in a trap pack and 2 different dungeon dressing packs (fountains, chairs, tables, etc).

They look almost as good as the Dwarven Forge stuff (though more lightweight and less substantial). They only cost 1/3 the price!

Dpulse303

Meat head
Cheers Voobaha had a look at the Aintsy stuff and i think its what im after also im from blighty so its nice and local(cheap postage)and its good to support the comunity! cheers again.

Voobaha

First Post
Dpulse303 said:
Cheers Voobaha had a look at the Aintsy stuff and i think its what im after also im from blighty so its nice and local(cheap postage)and its good to support the comunity! cheers again.

Glad to be of service!

My local Game Store doesn't want to carry Ainsty because they're very far away from the central US. Lucky you!

Remove ads