Dungeon World (Gamma World + Fantasy)!

Camelot

Adventurer
Also, just in case anyone knows, is a level X Gamma World PC equal to a level X D&D PC? I noticed that Gamma World PC's require different XP values to level, much less XP that is, so if you divide experience equally Gamma World PC's would be ahead. Are you just not supposed to cross the beams? I thought they said you could theoretically have them adventuring together? Or was it just that you can port monsters either way?

Actually, if monsters can be ported, shouldn't the PC's be portable as well? They're worth the same XP value to either. I'll share more ideas if they come.

Yeah, I would assume that they're equivalent, for the same reason that monsters are supposed to be able to carry over from one game to another. They just lowered the XP values to make leveling up faster, I guess. Maybe a lesson they learned from complaints that it took too long to go from levels 1 - 30, or even 1 - 10?

fuzzlewump

First Post
Yeah, I would assume that they're equivalent, for the same reason that monsters are supposed to be able to carry over from one game to another. They just lowered the XP values to make leveling up faster, I guess. Maybe a lesson they learned from complaints that it took too long to go from levels 1 - 30, or even 1 - 10?
So, do you think, if you theoretically put the two different PC types together, they should level up at the same rate?

I decided that 'races' should fill a different niche in this game I'm building, because most everyone should be human. So I'm having them roll on a separate table where getting another race is relatively rare to human. Here are a couple of ideas if you think having a ghost would be appropriate in your game.

[FONT=&quot]GHOST[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We ghosts love the way food feels as it passes through our souls.” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]–Ghost, Osohe Castle[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] You may be dead, but that doesn’t mean you have to stop enjoying the high life! You’re a very classy ghost, enjoying fine wine and fine food, even though you can’t taste anything anymore. Being classy is all about appearances, and that’s what you have in spades.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ghostly Movement (Level 1):[/FONT][FONT=&quot] You float above the ground a few feet off the ground, and ignore all difficult terrain. You float slowly downward from heights rather than falling, taking no damage. You can float over pits as long as you get to another solid surface within the same round. Otherwise, you float down to the bottom of the pit. You also have limited phasing, in which you can float through thin walls or other objects. Anything you can see into you can definitely phase through, such as a wall with holes, a window, or an invisible wall. GM’s discretion otherwise.
Classy! (Level 1): +4 Interaction, if they don’t run and scream from seeing a ghost.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Possession “OOOoooOOooOOoo..!!” (Just make this a power, too lazy now) (Level 1): [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Once per encounter, you become a mini ghost and can possess an opponent as a minor action. While doing this, you are immune to physical damage, immobilized in the opponent’s square, and can’t be targeted by any attacks. However, any attacks versus Will, Reflex, or Fortitude against the opponent you possess target you as well. The opponent can roll a saving throw to end this effect.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Already Dead (Level 1):[/FONT][FONT=&quot] -2 to either Vitality(con) or Guts(wis.)[/FONT]

Grimgrin

First Post
I think this is a great idea, can't help but add to it

Lightfoot Halfling

His deft hands and sprightly footwork leave you flatfooted

LIGHTFOOT HALFLING TRAITS

Ability Score: DEXTERITY
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus to Stealth checks.
Nimble Feet (Level 1): Gain a +2 bonus to Reflex and a +2 bonus to AC vs. Opportunity Attacks.
Lucky Dodge (Level 1): Once per encounter, you can force an opponent to re-roll a successful attack.
Small Size (Level 1): You can not use two handed weapons.
Lightfoot Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage, and you can shift one square after the attack.

LIGHTFOOT HALFLING POWERS

SUDDEN LUNGE - LIGHTFOOT HALFLING NOVICE
You dart in and out of striking distance when attacking.
At-Will * Martial, Physical, Weapon
Standard Action - Melee 2
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity + your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier + twice your level physical damage.

ROLLING TUMBLE - LIGHTFOOT HALFLING UTILITY
You have learned to roll with the punches, literally.
Encounter
Immediate Interrupt - Personal
Trigger: You are pushed, slid, or knocked prone by an attack
Effect: You can shift your DEXTERITY modifier instead.

LOW BLOW - LIGHTFOOT HALFLING EXPERT
Your small stature allows for the perfect placement of a crushing blow.
Encounter * Physical, Weapon
Standard Action - Melee or Ranged weapon
Attack: Dexterity + your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier + your twice level physical damage, and your target is "dazed" (save ends).

Sly Rogue

You are a professional backstabber trained by cheats, thieves, and blackmailers.

SLY ROGUE TRAITS

Ability Scores: CHARISMA
Power Source: Martial; +2 to martial overcharge
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus to Conspiracy checks.
Moving Target (Level 1): +2 bonus to Reflex
Dirty Fighting (Level 1): You gain a damage bonus equal to your Dexterity modifier against enemies that grant you combat advantage.
Sly Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage, and the target is 'weakened' until the end of its next turn.

SLY ROGUE POWERS

SPOILING ATTACK - SLY ROGUE NOVICE
The pain you inflict hampers your foe's next attack.
At-Will * Physical, Weapon
Standard Action - Melee or Ranged weapon
Attack: Charisma + your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit: Charisma modifier + twice your level physical damage, and your target is 'weakened' until the start of your next turn.

COMBAT FEINT - SLY ROGUE UTILITY
You hide your intent to catch a foe by surprise.
ENCOUNTER
Free Action - Personal
Effect: You gain combat advantage a detected enemy of your choice for this turn.

DAZZLING FLOURISH - SLY ROGUE EXPERT
Your battle chatter and bravado unnerves your foes.
Encounter
Standard Action - Burst 10
Target: All creatures in burst
Attack: Charisma + your level vs. Will
Hit: All creatures in burst radius must make three consecutive saving throws. A target Target is "dazed" on the first failed saving throw, "stunned" on the second, "dominated" on the third failed saving throw. Condition lasts until the start of the character's next turn.

Last edited:

VBMEW-01

First Post
I'm gonna have to snag all of this, the thought of D&D mixed with Gamma world is too great to pass up. I'll try to write something up this weekend to add here.

Grimgrin

First Post
Are you going to use the cards? It looks like you are using D&D power sources instead, but it would be an easy converstion (i.e. Dark=Arcane, Bio= Primal, Psi would stay Psionic, Healing Effects= Divine?).

Omega Tech seems a good fit for random teasure magic items.
When playing an Artificer maybe you use your tech card pool to represent your own magical artificing using scrounged materials.

Alpha Mutations would make good scrolls or potions, but they also could be used as spells (maybe your pool of alpha mutations represents your personal spellbook). Possibly a Chaos Mage choses random alpha cards rather than uses "origin" powers.

Remove ads